Chapter 6

Maybe we could summon a giant dragon to fly us home! Spyder suggested.

For the tenth time, Spyder! Dragons are not real! Harris wailed.

Really? Because my Dragons, dragons, and more dragons book begs to differ. Spyder said, holding up a book.

Maybe I can search to see if there is a car dealership around here. Harris said, looking at his computer screen.

And there is! Two blocks down from that little cafe on main street.

Does anyone here know how to drive? Spyder asked. Everyone looked at each other.

No. Harris answered. Except for Mark.

And unfortunately he's away at a basketball game. Ryan said.

Then this should be awesome! Spyder cheered.

~Time skip to car dealership~

Wow! Look at all these cars! Spyder said, running his hand over them.

Don't touch them, Spyder! Harris said. I'm pretty sure these people don't want our grubby hands all over them.

Which one do we get? Spyder asked. He walked over to one and opened the door.

Get out of there! Harris said, running over to the car.

Where's the key slot? Spyder asked. Oh! Wait! I see it! Spyder pushed a button where the key slot was made to be.

NOOOOO! Harris screamed. The car started, and Spyder put his foot on the pedal.

I'M DRIVING! Spyder screamed. I'M DRI-

He was cut off by the sound of the car, crashing into another car.

Spyder stepped out the car. For maybe like, 0.5 seconds. He said.

How about we just get Mech-X4 to take us home? You suggested. It's kind of obvious none of us know how to drive.

But this'll be WAY more fun! Spyder said.

I have to agree with Spyder. Ryan said. It will be more fun!

But you can pick the car! Spyder said. The idea of choosing a car sounded nice.

Okay! You agreed. Let's do this!

You picked (the name of the car). So? You asked. Who's driving?

Everyone looked at each other.

How about you drive since you picked it? Spyder suggested.

And I have no clue HOW to drive. You said. It can't be that hard. Ryan said. Here, I'll start the car, then you can take it from there.

Okay. You agreed. But my driving isn't going to be professional.

Ryan started the car using his power. You put your foot on the pedal, and the car started to move forward.

We're gonna die! We're gonna die! Harris screamed.

Just keep it below 55. Ryan said. For the crybaby back there.

You turned with ease, onto to the freeway.

We're on the freeway! Spyder yelled.

WE'RE ON THE FREEWAY?! Harris screamed. If I die, tell my mother, I love her!

If you die, then we go to! You said. Meaning there'll be no one to break the news to your mom.

But what if you all survive? Harris said, with a shaky voice.

But then we get amnesia! Ryan said.

Why are you two making this so difficult to explain? Harris asked.

Okay! Just be quiet so I can concentrate! You said. Watch out! Spyder yelled! Harris screamed.

You turned to see a car coming barely next to yours.

OH MY GOSH!