Chapter 8

~The next day~

You sat in History class trying to write down your notes, for tomorrow's quiz.

Yes. You had a quiz on the third day you would be attending the school.

As you wrote, you noticed other students, some writing down the important notes, and then others texting each other about gossip on Instagram.

And then there was one who wouldn't stop bothering you. You slowly turned around, and whisper-yelled, Spyder!

He stopped throwing the spitballs knowing that he got your attention.

Remember, today at lunch! You have to do my spelling homework for me! He whispered.

You rolled your eyes, and turned your attention back to the board.

The teacher was currently talking on the phone, as you continued to write your notes. You couldn't help but hear her say, "Yes, send her up", or, "That's fine".

You shrugged it off. Probably just some kid delivering something.

~A few minutes later~

Everyone sat quiet, listening about the Great Depression, when all of a sudden, there was a knock on the door.

The teacher smiled, and opened it.

Students, please turn your attention to Clarissa McLands. Her parents own the office building a couple of blocks from here.

Everyone ran over to here, and started showering her with questions.

Class! The teacher shouted. Please go sit back down!

Clarissa, you may go sit next to Y/N.

Y/N! Raise your hand!

You slowly rose it, not even caring for Karina or Kate, or whatever her name was. As a matter of fact, you didn't care for school in general.

Clarissa took out here book, and turned towards you.

You pretended not to notice. Besides, you didn't really like people staring at you.

That's when your elbow accidentally knocked down your textbook. Kids heads turned towards you.

Clarissa chuckled. As you leaned down to get your book, you could hear her whisper, "Pathetic".

Pathetic. Did she really just call you that?

You shrugged it off. I mean, maybe she didn't even know what she was saying.

~After class~

You sat at the cafeteria table, writing Spyder's spelling words for him.

The other boys walked over, and greeted you and Spyder immediately.

Hey, Y/N! What're you up to? Ryan asked.

Doing Spyder's spelling homework for him. You answered. He was complaining his hand was hurting. You lied.

How about I take it from here? Ryan asked. You probably haven't gotten to eat lunch yet.

Okay. You said, handing the paper and book to him.

That's when Harris walked over, with his tray of food, with Clarissa.

You face palmed. You couldn't be anymore serious.

Who's the girl, Harris? Spyder asked, smirking.

You told Spyder all about your encounter with her, so he basically knew.

Everyone, this is Clarissa. Harris said. She didn't have anywhere to sit, so I brought her over here.

Harris offered Clarissa a seat, but she jogged over to Ryan.

You mentally face palmed and thought, "Please tell me this isn't happening".

Hello. Clarissa said.

Hi. Ryan answered, continuing to write down Spyder's words.

I heard we have English together. She said, playing with her phone.

Yeah. Ryan answered, probably not caring.

Shortly after, the bell rang.

Kids got up to go to their next classes.

You were gathering your things, when Clarissa walked over to you.

Listen, L/N. She said, calling you by your last name. You stay away from that boy! He's hot, and I like him!

That boy? That boy?! That boy has a name you know! His name is Ryan! And I don't know if you think you can just go around and fool people with your popularity, wealth, and "niceness", but news flash, I'm not buying it! You spat.

Clarissa glared at you. You'll be sorry for this, L/N! She walked off, towards her next class.

What was she going to do, sue you?

P.S. Clarissa's outfit and car (yes, believe it or not, Clarissa is a freshman who already knows how to drive.) (Mainly from her parents!) is at the top!