Chapter 6

I DO NOT OWN TWILIGHT! I ONLY OWN MARIA AND ALL OTHER CHARACTERS YOU MAY NOT RECOGNINSE. REVIEW IF YOU WANT A BOY OR A GIRL!!!!! :)

CHAPTER 6

JASPER POV

As I looked to my wife, I smiled as she was lying on her side with her hand covering our unborn child. She shifted in her sleep as I placed my hand over hers after I put down my book. The baby had been draining her energy a lot more since she had been even more stressed as usual because of her mother trying to get into the baby's life.

"Why are you staring at my pregnant daughter?" Edward asked as he came into the room.

"Because she's beautiful." I smiled and looked at him. He nodded and sat on the other side of the bed as it sank down underneath him.

"She is. She's glowing." He noted at her unusual glowing skin.

"The baby has been draining her energy even more than usual." He nodded looking at the dark blue - nearly black - bags underneath her eyes.

"She looks like her mother did when she was pregnant with her. But with more color to her skin."

"It's because she's still half-vampire." Carlisle said walking into the room for her weekly check-up.

"If you wake me up again with your talking, the baby won't be your only worry." We heard the feminine voice coming from beside me on the bed as Maria sat up. Edward and I smiled sheepishly as Carlisle helped her up from the bed to walk her toward the examination room we had built just for her pregnancy.

"And I wouldn't doubt that." Carlisle laughed lightly as the brunette sat on the long chair.

As the examination went on, the two kept small talk going and I was smiling the whole time as I heard the baby's faint heartbeat in my ears and felt it move under my hand.

"Hello little one, you need to stop hurting your mother." I whispered to Maria's stomach as she smiled and giggled when the others left.

"Ugh." She groaned as she held her stomach. "She's defiantly a daddy's girl."

I ran to the kitchen quickly and got an ice pack and bottle of animal blood beofre running back and placing the ice pack on her stomach and handed her the bottle.

"What did I just tell you?" I smiled at her stomach and pressed my lips to the quickly- forming bruise.

As the day grows into night, we just sat there, reading. Slowly but surely, Maria fell asleep while her head in my lap and my fingers threading through her silky hair.