Proposal|James

Short one today. I hope you like it :)

I set down my phone on the large wooden dresser in our bedroom. I snatched the laptop from the bed and hastily shoved it on the dresser when I heard a clatter against the wall.

"Damnit." I groaned out loud when I noticed my phone wasn't there anymore. I peered through the crack between the dresser and the wall, sure enough, there it was, snuggled up against the wall.
I walked to he side of the dresser, pushing, and pulling without luck.

It's too heavy.

I moved to the first drawer, taking out my underwear and dumping them on the bed, the second drawer; James' shirts, dumping them on the bed as well.
Finally reaching his underwear drawer, I grabbed a hand full of his boxers and crossed the small space to dump them on the bed when I heard a small clatter on the wooden floor and saw something bounce and land under the bed.

"Today's just not my day." I said under my breath as I got on my hands and knees to find it.

I stood up with the small, white, velvety, box in my hands. I opened the lid and found a ring inside.

"Hey," I heard James' voice at the door, I quickly shut the box and buried it in the pile of underwear I had thrown on the bed.

""He- hey." I smiled as I turned to look at him.

He crossed the room, "Don't forget about our dinner plans today." He smiled as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my lips once.

"How could I forget?" I smiled.

"Um.. I didn't know it was laundry day today." He moved me slightly, looking at the mess behind me.

"It's not."

"Because you don't need to do mine." He said quickly as he let go of me, "I'll do it myself." James looked at his open drawer and took his underwear that remained in his hands at once, he bent down quickly to pick up a sock that he dropped, "Actually- I'll do it right now."

"You don't have to do that." I spoke quickly, I needed to put the box back before he noticed.

"I want to." He started to back out of the room.

"But you don't have to."

"Nope!" I watched as he left the room.

'Now what?' I thought to myself as I turned around to look at my mess. I felt horrible that I ruined his surprise as he left me alone. I heard him drop something heavy down the hall where the washing machine was.

"Did you... By any chance... Find something today?" I heard James behind me.

"Yeah..." I admitted to him as I dug around for the small box, I turned around and handed it to him.

"I was going to surprise you tonight." James said, toying with the box in his hands, "Preferably not surrounded by the contents of our underwear drawers."

"I'm sorry." I rubbed my forehead.

"Well, there's no time like the present." James smiled down at me before taking a knee.

"Y/n," he breathed, "Will you marry me?"