Johnny Is Invited To Dinner

Johnny walked into the theater right on time with Mike in tow. Buster Moon ran in from the auditorium and stopped dead in his tracks. "You guys were almost late! I was beginning to wonder where you were!" Mike jumped out of Johnny's pocket, while Johnny himself smiled at his boss. "I had to go home and pick up Mike before coming here. He's staying at my place for a while."
"Well, you guys can stay anywhere you want, just as long as you can make it to rehearsals," the koala ordered.
"Yes, sir," Johnny affirmed. Mike just walked into the auditorium, and the other two soon followed. "What's his deal?" Mr. Moon asked aside to Johnny. "Nothing," the gorilla replied. "He's just tired."
"Hopefully, not too tired to sing."
Johnny had nothing that would work adequately as a bed for Mike, so he ended up unsuccessfully setting up an imaginary perimeter on his own bed, in which Mike could sleep. That worked out. Not very well, but they both got some sleep. So as you can imagine, Mike was tired.
Later, as Johnny sang unsteadily with a song he didn't know, Mr. Moon came in and leaned against the door frame. Johnny noticed in the corner of his eye, and glanced up. Mr. Moon was bobbing his head to the beat, so Johnny took that as an all-clear and continued. Once finished, Mr. Moon applauded. "That was great! I'm sure it'll sound even better on stage." Johnny chuckled. "Well, thank you, Mr. Moon. It definitely needs some work, though."
"I say it's amazing, but you improve as much as you like."
Johnny sat down into the piano stool. "There is no way you've kept your job this long acting like that with your performers, I'm just saying," he stated loosely, then sat up straight and added a "Sir" to the end of his sentence. Mr. Moon laughed. "At ease, soldier! But I've only been here for a year, bud. And I'm a friendly guy, how do you expect me to not get soft with my performers?" he asked, stepping over to the piano.
"Well, you could man up," Johnny would have said corrodingly, but decided against it. He was a big softie himself, and would only make a hypocrite of himself if he said that. "I guess I can't, sir," Johnny said uncomfortably, drawing his legs together. Mr. Moon fixed his gaze on Johnny for a bit, in thought, before breaking away and stroking his chin. "You know what, Johnny? Why don't you and I go get something to eat sometime?"
Well, that was out of the blue, both Johnny and the reader thought. "Um... What made you think of that?"
"Eh, just noticing we're a little alike. And I figured, since you're hard-pressed for money, that I'd treat you to something." Johnny frowned. "I really don't want to hurt your funds or anything... Wait. You are paying, right?"
The koala laughed. "Of course. Have I ever steered you wrong?" he asked in a strange old person inflection. "Yes," the gorilla retorted flatly. Buster's face flushed a bit. "I was making a joke, Johnny.. But yeah, I'm paying."
"Would you be able to pay for it?"
"Don't worry about it, it's all good! I could pay for 3 if I needed."
Something clicked in Johnny's head there. "Perfect! I'll go get Mike, then!" he cheered and ran out. Buster ran after. "Are you sure he wants to come?"
"He's got to come, I'm basically his bodyguard!" The gorilla practically yelled, already three quarters down the stairs.