I'm okay, i swear

"Mel, you okay?" Dean knocks on my bedroom door. "Yeah, my dad comes here acting like an idiot and he can't even talk to me. I'm freaking peachy!" Yelling always helps me, and uncle Dean is the perfect person to do that with.

"Can I come in?" I think for a few
Minutes. I mean why not Dean is the closest thing I've ever had to a father. "Yeah c'mon"

He walks In and sits at my desk chair. "Hey Mel?" I look at him the tears start welling up in my eyes. "Why don't you try praying to him?"  I look at him. If only he knew I'd tried he wouldn't come like he did for Dean, Sam, or Bobby.

"I've tried. He doesn't answer, I'm not the Winchesters." I sigh it's no use my dad doesn't want me, I'm a burden.

"Mel, you are a Winchester." Tears streaming down my face, "No, I'm a Novak. And Novak's stick together.  He's already missed 14 years and I refuse to let him miss anymore." Dean smiles proud.

Dean leaves my bed room and I sit on my knees, bow my head, and fold my hands. Since I can't write letters to my dad this is gonna be like letters just he hears them...In his head...coming from me.

"Dad,
        I wish you could say one word to me, and treat me less like a burden and more like your daughter. I know you loved mom but, I am sure she wouldn't want you treating me like this. Your my father, you have missed fourteen years of my life. Please please please...don't miss anymore. I love you dad. Remember that. Melody."