Chapter 12

Just a tiny bit of what I've already written, will be writing more, promise

------------------------------

I'm a giant bag of nerves by the time we reach the restaurant. The thought of walking in and asking Bri for a job fills me with terror. I've never asked anyone for a job before, I haven't even got that much experience minus the two weeks work experience I had to do when I was in year 10. I don't even know what I'm supposed to say, just walk in and say 'Hey Bri, I'm looking for a job, got any available?' it just seems rude.

Adam must have realised I was nervous, as he turned to me, resting his arm against the back of his car seat. "You've got nothing to worry about Kara, Bri is real nice and I'm sure if there's any jobs available she'll offer you a job." I nod, feeling slightly less anxious, but still really nervous. Adam gives a slight smile before turning himself round and stepping out of the car. I let myself out, closing the door and walking round to stand next to Adam. "Ready?" He asks, I nod again as a response before we both head into the restaurant.

As we walk through Bri is there, waiting for customers so she can give them a menu. As soon as she sees Adam a smile forms on her face. "Adam!" she almost shouts, before glancing at her watch. "You're here early! This is a definite first. How're you and Jackie, love?" Adam gave a chuckle that made my stomach fill with butterflies before responding. "Yeah we're alright thanks Bri, everything's alright with?" He questioned, to which he got a smile and a nod. That smile showed so much concern, as if she know's everything he must be going through.