7 - Alive?

"Lils, Sirius was going to come over, but I don't know anymore. He is Harry's godfather, and he'll be depressed if Harry doesn't recognise him." James whispered to Lily. No, that was wrong! Daddy whispered to Mummy.

Harry perked up at the name Sirius. Perhaps he was alive in this reality? Yes, he had to be, or Daddy wouldn't have mentioned him.

"Remus! You know that you don't push me over AFTER you come through!" a voice shrieked from downstairs. "Sirius. Maybe you should learn to move away from the Floo quicker!" a voice replied. Harry immediately got up and started walking downstairs.

"Nuh uh uh, Harry," James said, shaking his finger at him. "Let Daddy take you down, okay?" Harry nodded - he just wanted to see his godfather. Even if it meant he had to be a baby for a while. He might be in the head space of a three year old (and he definitely acts like one), but he was mentally - sometimes - a seventeen year old. Oh well. No one had to know, did they? Harry supposed not.

They got downstairs and Harry started to try and wiggle out of James's arms. "Just a second, Harry!" James laughed, "Let me speak to Siri and Remy for a bit, okay?" he asked the rest of the Potters. They all nodded, while Harry pouted, wanting to see his godfather.

Lily couldn't believe it. Her son, flesh and blood, was finally back to her. He was alive! He was alive, and he wasn't going to leave her. Not after spending a couple of months away from her. It would be too much to bear. The sight he had been when she first round him almost made her want to cry. Cry, sob, wail. But she couldn't. She had a job to do. She had to save her son from death.

So that's what she did. She worked day after day, and night after night working to make sure he was alive. And it worked. Her little baby boy was alive. And he definitely wasn't going to leave her again.

"Siri, Remy, I - I have to tell you something about Harry." James stammered. Sirius and Remus gave him concerned looks. He never stammered. Never. "What's up, Prongs?" Sirius said gently. James couldn't even smile when Remus replied with, "The sky, Padfoot, I thought you knew that." whilst shaking his head.

James couldn't bear to imagine Sirius's reaction when he told him about the possibility of Harry not recognising him. But....

When Harry had heard Sirius's voice, he had a look of excitement scrawled across his face. Maybe Harry remembered who Sirius was. If he did, in a way, James was jealous. Harry was his son after all.

But then James reprimanded himself. If there was someone that Harry recognised, then James would take him to them, and let Harry remember what it's like to be happy.

He would help Harry remember.

Whatever it takes.

I - am soooooo tired right now. I could fall asleep this minute, but this story was practically whispering in my ear. And I want to finish this story so I can focus on Fred and George's story. Hooray. Yeah, that's all I wanted to write. Bye!

- WriteCrazily

A Family To Remember (Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें