Ch.8

*Hi guys hope your still enjoying the book. As always thanks for reading*  

It had Been a few hours since we left the town we were traveling in silence. It allowed me time to think and process all that has happen. We were leaving the safety of the mountains to the miles of plain ahead of us. The woods were beginning to thin we only had about two hours left of forest, and then we would be out in the open. I could feel the rays of the sun peeking through foliage roof above. I was soaking up the woods while I still could. I would miss them the most. I could feel a single tear roll down my face as we rode away. 

About an hour later with my enhanced eye sight I could see glimpses of the plain ahead. "We are almost to the plains..." I whispered out to no one in particular. Will had stiffened at the sound of my voice and looked a head, he was royal so he saw what I saw. With in seconds everything turned from calm to complete chaos. 

An arrow shot through the woods an barley missed wills and I's head. Before we could react one lodges its self into his shoulder and he feel to the ground. I jumped off the horse beside him. The guard was in a frenzy from seeing there commander taken out so easily. "Will...Will are you ok?" worry laced my voice he groaned a response and that was all I needed. I heaved him back on his horse. I turned to the horse knowing he will understand me "Get him out of here" just as those words left my lips his eyes snapped open, but it was to late. The horse surged forward through the woods with guards in tow.  I flung my self behind a tree waiting. It wasn't long until I heard the hooves beat across the ground growing closer. I pulled my bow off of me and knocked an arrow. I inhaled a breath and relaxed my body. Just as the bandits hit the small area I stepped out from behind the tree. They came screeching to a halt. There were about fifteen of them and I had an arrow for each one. "Get out of the way Elf...You are not our target..." the leader barked out. I let an evil smile form on my lips "You have five seconds to leave or your men start dropping like flies..." I said with a calm and powerful aura. The leader busted out laughing "Wrong answer..." and I began shooting arrows at his men each one hit home and men started falling to the ground. 

I took out five with in minutes "How about now?" I said not really wanting to kill them all. the leader losed a growl and jumped from his horse. His men fallowed suit and they began to advance. I watched them advance and circle me. The leader charged first I spun around and used my bow to hit him in the head. He stumbled and fell.  As soon as he hit the ground the rest of the  men surged forward. I drew a short sword and began the rigorous chore off fighting off ten men. I was getting over ran a sword landed deep in my arm. I cried out in pain and side stepped him to have my sword lodged into the back of his neck nearly decapating him. The leader finally came too and joined his men. Another sword bit into my side  I jumped back and deflected a  swing to my other side. I spun around and swung my sword it bit into another  calf leaving him immobilized. I turned and thrusted my sword into his back and out his chest. I ripped it  out and moved to my next victim. I tall slender man stepped into my view​. I ran towards him and quickly fainted to the left and then swung my sword to the left. It bit into his side he fell in a heap. I went to turn and before I knew it a fist collided with my cheek. I could feel my powers building. My body began to glow a strange purple hue. The  men stopped in there tracts. "You  should be running..." I whispered out fighting back the power that I couldn't stop. Some men took off running others looked to there leader. I was growing weaker I can't hold it back any longer. A burst of  power exploded out of me throwing anything and anyone near me away. It desenigrated anything with in a fifty foot radius.  

I haven't lost control like that in years.  Last time was when the village was attacked. It's something that happens when I begin to panic. I took in a sharp breath my side and shoulder was killing me but I didn't have the energy to heal myself. Blood was dripping  from my arm my shirt was ripped open and soaked from the wound.

I was beginning to feel weak in my legs. I tried to walk and fell as my head hit the ground blackness took me.

Will's POV

We were riding and everything was fine  one minute the next complete choas. A arrow zipped past our heads. Before I could react I felt the impact of the shaft dig into my chest and nock me to the ground. As I collided with the ground I could faintly hear Aurora calling out my name. Everything was fuzzy I tried to open my eyes but the pain held me back. I groaned in pain. I suddenly felt someone lift me up off the ground and put me back on Grunther. "Get him out of here..." Aurora cammanded him. My eyes flew open but it was too late he surged forward into the woods. I could faintly hear my men fallow.

Once he quit running I opened my eyes to see we were in a clearing about a half mile away from the attack. I slid off Grunther as pain pulsed through my chest, the arrow was still lodged in my chest. "Scott..." I hollered for my second in command also our healer. He came running immediately " Yes Sir..." He rushed out. "Get this out of my chest...And fix it" I Growled out looking around for Aurora. Pain bursted through my chest as he ripped out the arrow. Then a crawling itching and burning sensation erupted across my chest signalling he was healing it.

I was still looking for Aurora by the time he finished. She wasn't here and I was beginning to worry "Guards..." I yelled they all lined up waiting for my anger. "Where is A...The witch?" I hissed at then cursing myself for letting me slip. One brave guard stepped forward "S...She stayed behind Sir... Sshe said told us tto go..." He studdered out

As soon as his words left his lips. A loud rumble rushed though the woods and the ground shook. Just behind the guards a bright purple light illuminated the sky. Fear gripped my body as I moved into action. I turned to Grunther and swung up on him and spurred him forward.

In that short distance scenarios buzzed through my head along with all the memories of us from when we were kids. She was my best friend the only one that understood me. I have been searching for her sense I became the general. Hoping to find her father so he can take back the crown and in turn give my father back, but alas it was not to be.

Grunther slid to a halt as we took on the scene.  There was a fifty foot radius of nothing but ash, burnt trees, and debris scattered around. In the center lay Aurora. A pool of blood surrounded her her bow was ten feet away from her a short sword lay not far from her hand.

"Aurora..." I called as I jumped off and ran to her side. I rolled her over she had a deep wound in her shoulder and one at her side. I checked to see if she was breathing. She had shallow breaths and a slow heartbeat. She was alive that's all I needed. I had just scooped her up into my arms when the rest of my men burst out of the trees.

"Scott... She's hurt bad..." I tried to pull the worry and fear out of my voice. Hopefully I was successful. Scott ran up to her I layed her back down and he began his examination. I sent the soldiers to gather wood and set up a camp off of the road. So I could give Scott and Aurora privacy. I don't think she would want a bunch of men seeing her naked.

I sat on the edge of the clearing waiting till Scott had finished. It was about two hours later when he walked over to me. "What's​ the verdict..." I asked lacing my voice with anyance. "Well she had a large amount of blood loss. Most of her ligaments in her shoulder where severed, but I was able to heal it back to normal. The gash in her side was the hardest to heal. I healed​ the worst parts but the outside of the wound is still there. It's now just a deep cut. I don't know what happened but she is extremely exhausted and she needs rest for how long it will be up to her.

One of the guards came over "The camp is ready. Sir" he spit out and strode away. Scott looked at me once and then fallowed the other guard. I walked over to Aurora. She lay perfectly still. She had a bandage wrapped around her whole upper body. One to cover her wound and the other to make her Simi decent. I scooped her up and layed her on Grunther. I climbed up behind her and moved him in the direction of camp while she was curled into​my chest.

All the while her touch sending my nerves on edge.

*I hoped you like it and I didn't make it too gory. Please vote and comment and as always thanks for reading*