Part Three

"I won't break; so say what you gotta say; I won't fall, I didn't need you anyway; and you won't try and you won't fight, already wasted all my time; no I won't break, so say what you gotta say"

"Liam this seriously sounds amazing – how did you write such a masterpiece?" Cheryl wondered as she sat at the control board at the recording studio, smiling at the sound of Liam's voice singing through the rough demo of a song he'd recently written. She had been flattered when he came to her a few weeks earlier, telling her he had a song for her new album that described her perfectly. The song was a representation of her inner strength and determination, and my God; this was something Cheryl needed to hear now.

Not that she would admit that out loud, of course.

"The words just come out when I think about you."

His words caught Cheryl off guard, causing her to shoot him a funny look whilst his eyes went wide as he quickly began speaking again;

"I mean not that I think about you all the time, but I mean – you know – a song like this comes easy when you're one of the strongest people I know...that's what I meant." He stuttered slightly, an adorable blush creeping onto his cheeks which made Cheryl giggle as she nudged him.

"I knew what you meant; I'm just messin'," she gave him a wink before continuing, "This is great though, and I really am touched that you wrote this for me."

The soft smile Liam gave her; it made her feel warm inside – and for reasons she couldn't at all explain. It was just nice to see someone smiling at her and it being a genuine smile, not one that was forced, not one that was all an act for those surrounding them.

She would never tell anyone that two months into her marriage, she was now realizing she'd made a huge mistake. She wouldn't let them say 'I told you so'; she would stick by her own lyrics and try with all her might to 'fight for her love'.

"So erm, how are things – like with your new husband and stuff? All good?" the question caught her off guard after the awkward silence; Cheryl felt weird for some reason – uneasy almost. She didn't want to talk about her precious husband.

"He's great, all good," she glanced down at the shiny diamond ring and matching wedding band on her finger, "All good." She mumbled out, biting her lip. What she didn't realize, was this didn't go unnoticed by Liam. She certainly hoped she hadn't picked up on the tone of her voice, and if he had, she hoped to God he wouldn't ask.

"I'm glad it's good; you deserve to be happy," the smile returned to his face, but Cheryl could tell it was slightly forced, "I'm glad you've found someone who makes you happy."

'You make me happy.' She thought to herself before speaking up, "Thanks babe, and how are you and your lovely girl? Sophia isn't it?"

"Yeah, Sophia," he sighed out a bit before giving her that slightly forced smile again, "All good – she's wonderful."

"I'm glad, babe; you deserve to be happy too," she remarked before tapping her fingers against the control board, "Right, let me finish this so I can get home – JB will be looking for me."

'He'll be blowing up my phone by eight if I'm not home.' She bitterly thought to herself as she stood up, feeling Liam's burning gaze on her as she made her way into the recording booth.

"Alright Chez, let's get this going." His voice spoke up again as she put the headphones on; Cheryl simply closing her eyes to let the music consume her...