Part Ten

It had truly been the longest couple of weeks ever; now, the day was finally here.

Cheryl didn't even care that the sun had barely risen yet; she was already pottering around the kitchen, having a cup of tea whilst feeding Bear with her other hand, holding the bottle in his mouth whilst his chubby little hands rested over hers and his brown eyes gazed up at her. She could see the innocence and happiness in them, the shimmering of his eyes bringing a smile to her lips even though she was tired herself.

This little guy didn't even understand that in about an hour's time, he would be in the presence of his very best friend – his father.

Liam didn't know this either; he was under the impression that they'd still be asleep when he arrived home and he would be able to sneak in and wake them up with kisses and cuddles as he always did. However, Cheryl felt that this was a much better surprise, and with their driver, she had come up with this little plan – she and Bear would accompany him to the airport to pick up Liam, giving Liam a surprise, a happy surprise.

Bear gurgled happily and began pushing the bottle away, leading Cheryl to quickly put her mug down and put the bottle onto the counter. She threw the towel over her shoulder and lifted him up, rubbing his back whilst softly whispering to him, kissing his head every now and then as he relaxed in a comfort of her arms. His little body jumped slightly as he let out a loud, almighty burp sound, before he then began giggling whilst Cheryl leaned down to grab his car seat.

"You're truly your father's son," she rolled her eyes as she placed him into his car seat, "My sweet boy; let's get you all settled in so we can go see Daddy."

Bear kicked his legs happily; he knew that word, he could associate that word with his favorite person; Daddy.

Cheryl stared at her son for a bit, a smile playing on her lips as she looked at him. He was looking incredibly adorable in his little grey joggers with bears all over, his grey t-shirt with a bear on the front, and his little black and white socks. His little hair was styled a bit in a trendy fashion, and he had a sparkling blue dummy in his mouth and his favorite little teddy bear which he was squeezing in his little arms. His eyes were sparkly and brown like her eyes, yet his facial shape and such was exactly that of Liam. He even had a small, heart shaped birth mark on his neck – just like Liam.

God how she loved this sweet little angel; her little miracle.

She strapped him into the car seat and tucked the blanket around him as it was a bit chilly out even though it was a summer morning. She then grabbed Liam's grey hoodie and pulled it over her own head to team with her own look for the morning; black Adidas joggers with a white stripe down the side, the plain white vest top, and her black and white trainers. Her messy hair was scrapped back into a ponytail, her face was free of makeup.

"You don't need all that makeup woman; you look beautiful all the time." Liam always told her, and she listened to him, finally feeling comfortable in her own skin.

Her phone buzzed and she looked at the screen, smiling as she saw the text from their driver; 'I'm outside, Chez x'

She grabbed her housekeys and Bear's car seat, before shooting a glance into the lounge. She had left some dog food and water out for the dogs in case they happened to wake up before she returned, though judging by how all four of them were currently snoring their heads off, this was certainly not likely.

Smiling to herself, she made her way out of the house and to the waiting Range Rover, smiling as the driver quickly got out to open the rear door for her. She thanked him and lifted Bear's car seat in first, the little boy making noises of contentment while she secured the seat. She then got into the car herself and thanked their driver, before placing her hand on Bear's stomach, smiling down at him as he looked up at her.