Part Seven

"Good morning to our favorite man."

Liam chuckled away to himself as the smiling faces of his girlfriend and son were present on his phone screen; Liam simply not caring that it was only eight in the morning and he had a long day ahead as he would lose sleep for anything regarding Cheryl and Bear. It had been a long night of tossing and turning as it often was with the initial nights away – Liam even dreaming at one point that he was home in bed with Cheryl and Bear was crying through the monitor. He missed them terribly already, but he knew he had to be as strong as possible to get through these two weeks away.

"Good morning you two," he smiled to himself as he rest his head back down on the pillow; "I miss you both already; how's things going this morning?"

"Well, we've been up since six because someone," Cheryl shifted her gaze at Bear whom was looking like butter wouldn't melt, "Decided to wake up and cry, then I tried to put that certain someone back down after a nappy change but he wasn't feeling it, so we've been playing with Watson. He heard him crying so he came up to check on him, and then he just stayed around so we sat in the floor and played for a bit, and now the dogs are out in the garden and we're about to have some food."

"Your morning sounds so much better than mine; I wish I was home – I have interviews to do." Liam whined, rolling his eyes as he rubbed his hand up and down his face. He did smile when he heard Cheryl giggle to herself, watching as they moved around on the screen as Cheryl put the phone down for a bit before picking it up again, allowing Liam to see that Bear was now sat in his baby seat for some food.

"You could've gotten up and let me sleep some more." She cheekily joked in the background; Liam chuckling to himself as he shook his head in despair.

"Bear, what the hell are we gonna do with your Mummy eh?"

Bear cooed adorably, giving a beautiful little smile that made Liam just want to melt. He so desperately wished he could be in two places at once, have a double that could take care of the boring meetings and interviews he would be forced to send through while the real version of him could be at home with his little family, surrounded by their silly dogs and just relaxing and having a great time.

"Liam stop staring."

He snapped out of his thoughts as he saw Cheryl's smiling face again as she sat at the island counter, now with a jar of mushed up baby food and a bottle of milk to feed their son. He chuckled softly, watching them with a sweet smile on his face as Cheryl playfully made airplane noises which amused Bear greatly, his little smile lighting up his face before the look of slight confusion came over his face as his mother pushed some food into his mouth.

Whilst feeding Bear, Cheryl continued chatting away, her voice lifting Liam's spirits as it always did. They chatted about the most random things, and Liam even spoke to their various family members as they filtered into the kitchen as the time ticked away. Eventually – after tidying Bear up as the little boy was quite messy with his breakfast – Cheryl lifted him into his arms and grabbed her phone, slipping outside to have a few more private moments alone with just her, Bear, and Liam, as Liam would have to hang up soon and start getting ready for the day properly.

"Say 'I love you' to Daddy; give him a wave." She spoke in that adorable voice as she held Bear, moving his little hand to imitate a 'wave' whilst the little boy gurgled happily whilst watching his father's face on the camera. Liam's eyes filled up slightly as he ran his thumb over his face on the screen.

The last thing he wanted was to hang up right now; he just wanted a few more moments.

"I love you little, Bear." He whispered, his voice coming out quite quiet as he just wanted to cry. Cheryl noticed this and gave him a sad yet supportive smile, blowing him a kiss whilst she touched Bear's hand to the screen.