Part Fifteen

"Alright Mummy and Daddy; say hello to your son because he's waving at you!"

Cheryl and Liam's attention was suddenly captured by the doctor whom was conducting their scan, their heads immediately snapping to look over at the screen. Cheryl's eyes filled up while Liam simply leaned down and kissed her head, squeezing her hand as they looked at the screen.

"A boy – Liam we're having a baby boy!" Cheryl burst out excitedly, looking up at Liam as little tears slipped down her cheeks.

"I know Chez, I'm right here," he winked before kissing her forehead, "This is so cool man – aw wow." He looked away, blowing out through his mouth as he too became quite emotional. Seeing Liam so emotional caused even more of Cheryl's tears to overflow, while the doctor was giving them a sweet smile as she could see that this was quite a precious moment for the two of them.

"I love you to the moon and back, thank you." Liam whispered, giving Cheryl a warm cuddle as she cuddled him back, kissing his cheek whilst gripping onto his top.

"No – thank you for giving me the greatest gift ever." She sniffled slightly. Liam gave her a smile, wiping her tears away with the pad of his thumb before kissing her lips once more. The two then looked back at the screen again, still holding on to each other's hands as they continued looking at the screen.

"When will she be able to feel him moving and stuff?" Liam wondered as he continued looking at the screen. Their baby was moving around whilst in Cheryl's womb, almost as if he was playing a little game or dancing a bit as he wriggled around.

"Probably not for another month or two, when he starts getting bigger and can properly be stretching out and such," she explained as she clicked the button to print a few pictures, "It'll be like little flutters first then you'll feel proper movements, kicks, and all that good stuff."

"Aw wow, that'll be amazing." Cheryl scrunched her nose up adorably. The doctor gave her a sweet smile, before turning the machine off and handing Cheryl a towel to wipe the gel off.

"I'll be right back with your scan pictures." She smiled. She then wandered off, leading Cheryl to wipe the gel off whilst Liam remained sitting beside her, playing with her fingers as he was still holding her hand. Cheryl noticed he had gone a bit quiet, leading her to squeeze his hand whilst rubbing his knuckles with her thumb.

"What's the matter babe?" she asked. He looked up at her which allowed Cheryl to notice how glossy his eyes were, leading her to sit up a bit more and put her other hand over his as well.

"I just hate that I have to be away," he shrugged, "I feel horrible; like I'm gonna miss so much and I know it's because I'm trying to get as much of it out of the way I can before the baby arrives, but still; I just hate this – and I feel like you deserve so much better than-"

"Don't you dare start saying I deserve better than you, let's stop that first of all," she stroked his cheek before continuing,

"Babe, I know it's not the most ideal situation, but have you forgotten that it's me? I'll be okay, and I'm not totally on my own because our various family members will be coming down while you're gone and all that. Please don't feel bad about it; I do understand completely – you've got to do what you have to do, and I'm the one who talked you into this so I mean...hello! It's not like I won't keep you updated on every single thing, and I know that if anything happens, you'll hop on the first flight back home."

"I just feel bad, and I hate to miss things, especially this," he kissed her hand, "I know you'll be filling me in on things, and I am sorry that I'm gone so much."