Part Four

"Babe, come listen to the final edit of this song – I need your opinion."

"The plus side of you having musical parents means you get to hear loads of music, isn't that right buddy?" Cheryl softly spoke to Bear as they sat in the lounge later that evening; the little family having had dinner and such, and now Cheryl and Bear were relaxing together whilst Liam had retreated to his studio room once again to work on some more songs and listen to others. Bear was extremely chilled out as he rested in Cheryl's arms, the little boy being quite content just looking around or looking at his mother as she played with him and fussed over him, which would make him smile or giggle at her every time.

Cheryl stood up with Bear curled up in her arms; the little boy making little noises of contentment whilst gripping onto his mother's vest top as she made her way down the hall to the studio room. She smirked to herself as she spotted Liam sat at the control board, a cheesy grin on his face as he was clearly very pleased with whatever he was listening to. The soft tone of the R&B-like melody was fading out as the song had come to an end, making Cheryl a bit eager to hear what it was as clearly, he was loving it.

"You look very pleased so that means it must be really good." She smirked, sitting down at the other chair at the control board with Bear on her lap; the little boy suddenly becoming very excited when he caught sight of his father, his little smile lighting up his happy face which made Liam's heart melt as he looked at him.

"It is good, even you'll like it," he smirked before lifting Bear into his strong arms; "Right you, I need some proper criticism; cry if you hate it yeah?" He sweetly kissed his son's cheek; Bear simply placing his podgy little hands on either side of his father's face as a little giggle escaped his lips.

Cheryl watched them together, a soft smile present on her face. She loved how much Liam loved their little Bear, this especially being shown by the way in which Liam was quietly speaking to him and kissing his cheek every now and then whilst Bear kicked his little legs around and giggled with such joy that Cheryl's heart almost skipped a beat. She softly bit her lip, her heart swelling with so much love for her boys that she almost had no idea if she could handle this anymore.

"Oi, Earth to you, dimples – look Bear, your Mummy is daydreaming."

Liam's deep voice filtered through her ears, bringing her back to reality as she giggled and shook her head at him. She moved her chair closer and lifted her legs to rest across his lap; Liam smirking at her before sitting Bear down on Cheryl's legs, keeping his arm around him whilst the sweet little boy simply became fascinated by the pictures and such on his father's tattooed arms, leading him to move his fingers over them and just look as if he was studying them.

"Play the song, Payno." She jokingly ordered him, causing him to salute her before pressing the button on the control board; the opening sounds of an R&B like song playing throughout the room straight away...

'I don't wanna be left with nothing; I didn't think that I'd ever find someone; I just wanna make it with you...'

*****

"Cheryl, are you still there?"

The phone was clutched firmly in her hand, her free hand was being used to top up the glass of wine she'd downed just a few moments ago. Her heart felt like it was going to beat out her chest, tears blurred her vision as they rolled down her rosy cheeks.

She didn't know if she was making a mistake. She just knew she felt ridiculously lost right now.

That prick of an estranged husband wasn't backing down and was trying to pull out all the stops in this divorce, trying to turn the world against her and make her out to be something she wasn't. Her new lover, her Liam; his name was being dragged into something and twisted into such lies – things that never were true; words that were due to some silly story her estranged husband had sold to the media out of spite. She normally wouldn't let stupid things get to her, but sometimes he knew exactly what to say to make her hurt – and being accused of the one thing that made her feel sick to her stomach, the one thing that had happened to her a few times and led to her first divorce; that was one thing that hurt the most.