Introduction

Your POV
I was at a new case. It was a unrecognizable man. Wait, I remember him. He and I had talked briefly a few times at the shops in town. These murders were strange. I knew every single one of the victims. Most of them were male, as usual there was a message pinned to the wall. But it was different this time.

Dearest Y/n,
Did you enjoy this case? Number fifteen if I remember correctly. He did put up a fight.
But that didn't save him. Your going to have to figure it out soon, we're already halfway through!
Isn't this fun? Tick tock Y/n! Times running out! And when it does, you'll be all mine!
Until then, I'll be waiting!
Sincerely, A.T.

Alright. We have something to work with. Now I know that there are about fifteen more murders to come from this person, they left two letters, most likely letters in their name. But that could be many different people. I should rest. I sigh and close my eyes for a moment before handing the letter to someone. "I assume you will be able to handle this on your own, make yourselves useful and get some information out of that. I'm going home." I say.

~short timeskip~

know that the police aren't going to get anything out of that. But I'm starting to realize that even if we figure out who it is killing people, they won't stop. With that being said, I'll need to leave for a while. Nobody can know. Only people closest to me. It will be my secret. I go into my room and pack only what I need. I make a 'tsk'ing noise and a small grey and white tabby with greenish blue eyes trots over. She's a smart little thing that's for sure. I quickly write a letter.

As you all may know, I have been investigating frequent murders around London,
Specifically the murders of people I know, or are close with. After today's case I have reason
To believe that it involves me. Because of this I will be leaving to a safer location until we can settle this.
For your safety do not allow anyone into the manor for any reason, and destroy this letter as soon
As you are through reading it. Let no one k ow that I am gone, even the Queen if possible. Stay safe,
Sincerely, Y/n.

I folded the note and put it in the cats small satchel. We kept her around as a sort of mail carrier. It was honestly very cute seeing her trot around looking all important. I open my door, grab my bag, and leave without a word. I'm trusting my servants to keep this a secret. I prepare my own carriage and make my way to a place I never thought I'd go back to.