Chapter Sixteen: Claire Druitt

Alois POV
"Claude what do you think of this Claire Druitt girl?" I ask taking a bite of my scone. "I don't know Your Highness. It says she is the cousin of the Viscount Druitt who was in America when he died. She came back to England to keep his name going." Claude says.

"She reminds me of someone, I don't know, maybe a girl I killed. She's very pretty though." I comment looking at her picture.

"I'll have to invite her over sometime.." I mumble. "Would you like me to arrange a meeting between you two?" Claude asks.

"Yes that would be wonderful. Set it up as soon as possible." I reply taking another bite from the scone.

Claude's POV
I began writing the letter to send to lady Claire.

Dear Claire Druitt,
We would love if you could join us for tea at the
Trancy manor Sunday afternoon. We hope to see you,
Sincerely, Alois Trancy.

I put the letter in an envelope and set it with the other letters we were going to send out.

Ciels POV
Y/n looked so different. Her hair was always up, she wore darker clothes, and she only ate enough to keep her from looking malnourished.

She smiled at cameras and acted like everything was fine, but she was just... Broken.. She always came to me. I was her shoulder to cry on.

When she stayed the night here she was restless. If Elizabeth was over she'd try to cheer her up, and Y/n would smile, but not her old smile.

That Trancy has hurt her in more ways than one, he killed anyone who wasa close to her, she has almost no one anymore. She never liked Elizabeth in the past, but now she'll stick around her like if she leaves then Lizzy will disappear.

I can't really say its annoying though, I remember when I was so desperate to escape I'd give anything to get help from anyone.

4