- 4

"Aren't you supposed to be inside?"

Emilia looked up to the voice in surprise, a smile landing on her face as she realised who stood in the doorway of the hallway next to the sports hall. Emilia sloughed against the lockers with her feet up on the staircase, her blue and white pom poms next to her in a heap.

"Aren't you?" Emilia remarked, her hair falling onto one side as she watched Derek sit down next to her.

"Long story." Derek sighed, "What are you doing out here?"

"Hiding from the team, they're all to how do i put this nicely? Exited to stand for hours waving around pom poms." Emilia cringed biting her bottom lip, Derek laughed shaking his head.

"And here i was thinking you were exited to be on the team."

"More like the complete opposite." Emilia informed him, "The only reason I'm here tonight is because my family are sat in there, proud that i was accomplishing something."

"The games nearly over, i doubt they would notice that you're gone." Derek shrugged, leaning his back against the cold lockers.

"I bet they would notice if the star player is gone." Emilia challenged, with a small smirk.

"Not if they belive I'm injured." Derek hinted, playing along with Emilia's playful tone

"Derek Hale, did you just fake a injury to see me or am i getting the wrong idea?" Emilia gasped moving away from the lockers, fully facing Derek.

"I think i did." Derek laughed with a nod, realising his actions.

"I think its my time to take you somewhere this time." Emilia stood up from the floor, Derek following.

"Are you taking me on a date?" Derek smirked, realising that his feelings about Emilia might be mutual.

"Don't act too surprised." Emilia rolled her eyes, her heartbeat quickening once she realised how close she was stood to him.

And this didn't go unnoticed to Derek.

"Oh i forgot to mention, i got threatened by your best friend earlier." Derek added, laughing at Emilia's shocked expression.

"Now that's surprising." Emilia started, "He's litterlly harmless, if it was anybody that had to threaten someone out of the two of us it would be me."

"Really?"

"Just because i have a baby face doesn't mean i can't be indimidating." Emilia admitted, looking up to stare into Derek's eyes.

"You sure about that?" Derek asked, stepping close to Emilia as she tried to be intimidating next to the taller boy.

"Yeah, i am." Emilia breathed, both teens hearts pumping rapidly as they stood so close.

Emilia smirked as Derek stared down at her with a smile, their bodies almost touching.