| 4

"Why are you telling me all this?" Emilia questioned the alpha, putting the paper down against the desk "Isn't this something to tell your kids, not your sons girlfriend?"

"Because one day you will become the alpha of your own pack, and you need to know everything about our packs." Talia explained, passing Emilia another photo.

"So telling me all your family secrets is part of it?" Emilia continued, looking down at the photo of the baby that Talia just told her about.

Talia and Emilia had been sat going through their family history, Talia insisted it was only Emilia who could come into her office. The rest of the Hales were confused to why Talia wanted to talk top only Emilia but shrugged it off.

"Someone needs to take over for me when i no longer can be the alpha." Talia added, gaining Emilia's attention back.

"But that's Laura, not me." Emilia frowned, handing Talia back the photo.

"Just trust me on this." Talia finished, Emilia nodded picking up on her serious tone.

Emilia didn't understand what Talia was hinting at but she knew it must be important for her to keep it a secret from everyone else.

_

_

"Isaac!" Emilia called out as she and Derek ran up the driveway, Isaac appeared in the doorway of the house before running forward towards the werewolves.

Emilia and Derek had been late to pick up Isaac from after school club, this meant that Mr Lahey got the call from school so he had to pick Isaac up. Once Emilia and Derek found out they raced over to the house as quick as they could.

"Emilia." Isaac cried wrapping his arms around the teens waist, letting Derek check the cut on his arm.

"I'm so, so, sorry." Emilia apologized, holding onto Isaac tightly "I couldn't get here on time."

The both of them felt guilty, if they didn't get to him sooner he wouldn't be in that position. Isaac hadn't seen his father in months, and the first time he did he got hurt.

"Its not your fault." Isaac responded, not liking seeing Emilia upset.

"I couldn't protect you this time." Emilia mumbled, looking at the gash across his arm sadly.

Emilia took seeing Isaac like this the hardest, with all of her Emotions running through her mind from the past few weeks she knew she had to do something.

"You've spent your whole life protecting me." Isaac admitted, holding onto Derek's arm as Emilia stood up.

"Stay with Derek." Emilia told him as she stormed up the driveway angrily.

The only way Emilia could keep Isaac safe was if she got rid of the problem completely, something she should've done years ago but now was the only time she could do it successfully.