| 3

"Team Derek and Isaac for the win!" Derek chanted, giving the 10 year old a high five with one hand while holding the wii remote in another.

"I demand a rematch." Emilia laughed wanting to have another chance at beating them at just dance, making her way out of the living room once the doorbell rang.

"Are you Emilia Bennett?" Emilia looked up the tall men in surprise, observing their military ids they held out.

"Yes?" Emilia questioned, hearing Derek walk into the hallway.

"You were Camden Lahey's emergency contact." Emilia nodded, listening to the men nervously "We're sorry to inform you that-"

Emilia didn't need to hear the rest of what they were going to say, she already knew what was coming, she could tell by the expression on their faces. Emilia let out a cry in realisation falling back into her boyfriends arms, Emilia clutched onto Derek's arm tightly as she moved back against the wall covering her mouth with her hand as she continued to cry.

Her best friend, the only one thats been there for her every single day since she was 4, her rock , was gone and was never coming back. Emilia didn't know how to process it, or how to deal with it , she just felt the sadness that had crashed into her. Her heart broke knowing that Camden wouldn't be there for the rest of her life, to be there with her as she got married or had kids. Something they had spent their whole lives planning to do together. A part of her that she's had for practically her whole life had been ripped away just like that.

"We are very sorry for your loss

"We are very sorry for your loss." The blonde of the pair spoke to Emilia, turning to face the alpha once she ran into the hallway walking up the military officers.

"Emilia look at me, breathe." Derek comforted, holding onto his girlfriends shoulders as tears ran down his own cheeks.

Derek couldn't process the thought of one of his best friends being gone, and to add another heart break to the mix he had to sit around and watch Emilia go through loosing her other half.

"He's cant be gone." Emilia denied shaking her hands, looking down to her trembling hands "He's not dead."

"I need some time, i cant handle this." Emilia waved her boyfriend away, standing up to walk away.

"Emilia wait!" Derek called after her trying to run forward, Derek turned back to face his mother as she placed her hand on his arm.

"Leave her, everybody grieves differently." Talia sighed, turning to face the end of the hallway were Isaac stood staring at the werewolves in shock.

"Isaac." Derek whispered walking towards the ten year old, Isaac ran forward wrapping his arms around Derek.

Isaac overheard the whole conversation, he didn't understand some of it, but he knew he needed to be with somebody he loved that was there for him. His only blood related family had left him, Derek and Emilia were the only family he had left.

When we were young | Derek Hale Book 1On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara