Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Aw, super mom to the rescue." Vincent joked even though I could see he was displeased at my mom's appearance.

"Your snide commentary isn't needed here. Why don’t you leave?" She replied. This was the first time I was glad my mom could see the future.

"But the party just started. Why don't we call Ken to join us?" He used fake enthusiasm to cover his anger. My mom stepped forward. There is going to be a fight at my school with my mom involved. Oh great. I thought sarcastically.

"Why don't we all just go our separate ways and fight another day, perhaps a place less public." A voice called out. We all whipped around to see who it was. There standing next to a drinking fountain was Kendall. I couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eyes.

"Kendall," My mom said. "Why don't you tell us you side of the story?”                                                                                                      

I looked at her stunned by what she just offered.

"Are you kidding?" I said my voice full of disgust. She was giving him a chance to lie to us. What was she thinking?

"I already know the truth, sweetie. But you don't. Trust me; you'll want to hear everything." She looked sure of herself. I sighed giving him a look that said you can make me listen but you can't make me believe you.

"There is a lot you don't know about vampires. For instance, I'm a half-vampire. We stay that way until we kill a fairy, then we become immortal."

"Oh great, I get a tombstone and you get to live forever." I said sarcastically. He was planning to kill me this whole time.

He ignored me and continued." When I met you I'd already changed my mind. I didn't want to kill you then and I don't want to kill you now. Please try to forgive me it was how I was raised to think." He looked totally and genially sincere. I looked at my mom, hoping she'll give me an idea what to believe. When I saw her face she was smiling like she wanted me to forgive Kendall and knew I would. 

"What's going to happen next? I mean after I forgive you." I said and when I did Kendall's face lit up. He smiled a smile that said she forgave me, nothing will make me happier.

"That's for you to decide; from now on you can call the shots." He looked pleased and so did my mom. I looked over at Vincent. His face said he was annoyed, angry, and completely bored.

"Ah yes, my friend gets his happily ever after. Hooray for him." My mom and Kendall looked at him as if they forgot he was there. But Vincent didn't need be told, he left without complaint. My mom took off to, smiling at us as she left.

"So does this mean I can take you on a date?" Kendall asked. His blue eyes were pleading. "A fairy dating a half-vampire, what could go wrong?" I said but then I looked at his face." What the heck. But bring your wallet this time." He never looked happier. And now that I was walking to my math class about 30 minutes late, one thought occurred to me.

Am I going to regret this?