Chapter 27

Chapter 27

When we were at the door, I knew something was up. I opened the door and gasped.

"What's wrong?" Kendall asked.

"Chocolate chip pancakes!" I cried and ran inside. My mom stood there with a plate.  She held out an empty plate. I shook my head and took the whole stack.

"Mine." I said, greedily. My mom and Kendall started laughing. After I finished my stack, I got ready for bed. Kendall went home. I walked into the and into the kitchen and took out my file. I read through it. It just said what I already knew. They wanted me, I was different from the other fairies, and my powers are useful. I sighed and pulled out my dad's file. His power was like a human lie detector. He had his wings removed to live a human life. Married and divorced to Cynthia Donaldson. His was pretty straight forward too. I pulled out my brother's file. Landon Donaldson. Age: 19. Height: 6'2. He has Brown hair and brown eyes. Just like me and my mom. It says Donaldson lived with his father for five years. He has never developed a power. And he is brother of Vivian Donaldson. Mr. Donaldson has gone off the grid. No one has seen him since. I dropped the file. My brother is missing? Does my dad know? 

"Mom!" I shouted as loud as I could. She ran down the stairs.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"It said in the file that Landon is missing. Is this true?" I felt sick. The file almost knew more about my brother than I did.

"Yes it is. I haven't had a vision of him in months." She admitted. Her eyes welled with tears. Landon was missing and no one knew where he was. Not even my mom.

"We got to find him." I said and started pacing across the floor. "We have to know where he is."

"Vivian, can't you see he doesn't want to be found. It'd be pointless to look for him."

"That's it? We just go through our lives knowing this and not doing anything about it." I slammed my hands on the table. I wanted to find him so bad, but I had no idea where to look,

"Whatever you're thinking of doing, trust me I tried it. Your brother doesn't want to be found." Her words sounded sure, but her face didn't. I went upstairs. After a few minutes, I jumped out my window. I pulled out my wings before I hit the ground. I flew away from the house as fast as I could. I flew to the park. There was nobody there at midnight. I landed and took in my wings. Then I laid on the slide and drifted into sleep.

Cynthia Donaldson was walking to her daughter’s room to check on her. When she got there, the room was empty. Panic flooded through her body.

"Vivian?" She shouted. She ran through the house, checking the bathroom, the kitchen, and the rest of the house. Vivian was nowhere. She went to the phone and called Kendall. He answered. "Hello?"

"Kendall, have you seen Vivian? She isn't in her room." She was on the verge of tears. Please, She thought. Let her be with Kendall. At least she'll be safe then. 

"No, I haven't seen her. Are you sure she isn't with Diana?" He sounded just as scared.

"I'm almost positive she isn't."

"I think I know where she is." Kendall said. "I'll find her." With that he hung up.

I woke up and didn't nowhere I was. Suddenly, the occurrences of today flashed back. I got up and started to pull out my wings, when I heard something. I turned around, but no one was there. 

"Hello, is somebody out there?" I called. Just then a man in a trench coat started walking towards me. I turned and ran. Fear coursed through my body. The man started closing the gap between us. I was really afraid now.  He kept getting closer to me. I turned a corner and ran into someone. We both fell to the ground. 

"Please help, somebody is after me." I sobbed. I looked up to find Kendall. He studied my face and helped me up. The man in the trench coat stood in front of us. Kendall pushed me behind him.

"Who are you?" He shouted. The man smiled and crept closer. He wasn't going anywhere. I heard a weird noise. Kendall retracted his fangs. The man saw this and sprinted away from us. Kendall turned his attention to me. 

"Are you okay?" 

"I'm fine." I said. "Let's go." I took his hand and we went to his car.

"How'd you know I was here?" I asked.

"Your mom called me. She was very upset when she couldn't find you." He explained.

"I'm sorry I put both of you through that. I was just freaked out when I found out Landon was missing." I said.

"Your brother is missing?" I forgot to tell him. Darn it, too late now.

"I just found out." I said, defensively.

"Have you looked for him?" He asked.

"No, we don't know where to look."

"I'm sorry. I wish there was something I could do." 

"I know the feeling." I said. He pulled into my driveway and we went inside. My mom was at the table. It was obvious she had been crying. 

"I'm sorry." I hugged her. "I won't put you through that again."

"It's okay. You should go to bed. It's late." She pulled away and I went to the stairs. I completely forgot about Kendall. I ran back and nearly tackled him. I wrapped my arms around him.

"Thanks for coming after me." I murmured into his neck.

"I'd follow you anywhere." He replied. 

"Good because I'd be lost without you bringing me back."

"I doubt that. You're strong on your own." We stood there for few minutes until I felt a tug on my arm.

"Go home and sleep, Kendall." My mom ordered, we pulled apart and went our separate ways. More tired than I realized, I went straight to bed. Before I fell asleep, I thought of Landon. I wondered where he was. Wherever he was I hope he is happy.