five

"do you know what time it is now?" the teacher asked with crossed arms, his eyebrows raised and lips folded into a thin line.

we were still busy catching our breaths from running all the way from my house to the school, my uniform stuck uncomfortably on my skin as beads of sweat rolled down my face.

"..it's 8:13, sir." guanlin answered. i fiddled with my fingers, eyes searching for something interesting to observe as an excuse to avoid eye contact with the teacher, who was staring me down.

"the latest reporting time is 8am, did you forget that? if i see either of you here again this month, you'll be sent to detention with the discipline mistress. got it?" sternly, the bulky male sent us back to class, his arms were still folded. i wonder if he ever puts them down?

"sorry, guanlin. it's my fault we're late." my eyes finally left the ground as i lifted my head to look at the taller male.

"it's fine, it's not completely your fault, you know. at least we didn't get detention, right?" he let out a little chuckle. now, it was his turn to stare at the ground.

i don't know why, but i couldn't peel my eyes off his face. i continued to study his facial features, inwardly praying that he won't turn around and notice me gawking.

soon enough, i found myself outside our classroom. heejung looked like she was trying so hard not to fall asleep, jiyeon looked worried and the rest of the students were busy talking to each other.

everyone turned to look at us when we entered the class. i've never felt so uncomfortable since that time when i accidentally walked into the male's toilet and saw something i shouldn't have seen.

"lee heeun, late again? and now you're dragging the new student along with you?" the teacher sighed, sending us back to our seats without saying anything else.

"damn, heeun. what happened to 'i'm scared of guys because i went through a childhood trauma'?" heejung elbowed the side of my stomach. the sly smirk on her face made me want to kick her more, but i dismissed the thought.

"i'll tell you the whole story later, jiyeon will actually dig out my eyeballs with her crusty nails if i say it here." i whispered, making sure that heejung was the only one who caught what i said.

;

"huh? guanlin stayed in your house last night?!" heejung slammed her palm on the table and stood up. her expression almost made me choke on my lunch.

"shut up, you're too loud!" i half-yelled half-whispered, trying to ignore all the stares i was getting and praying hard that neither jiyeon nor her little minions heard heejung's sudden outburst.

"what?" an all-too-familiar voice exclaimed from behind. i didn't need to turn around to recognize who the owner of that voice was.

"what did you do to him last night, lee heeun? he slept in your house, is that why your knee is injured?" i spat my food out at the last question, immediately turning around to protest.

"hey, don't jump to conclusions too quickly. i only let him in and let him stay in my house because i didn't want to leave him out in the rain at 10pm. and my knee got injured because i fell on the road, not because of.. whatever you were thinking of!" i retorted, shaking off the thoughts of ever doing that with a guy, especially at this age.

jiyeon scoffed, "do you expect me to believe that? just admit that you're another one of those little sluts who fantasize about sucking dicks every single day."

"yo, shin jiyeon?" heejung called out, gaining jiyeon's attention. she raised an eyebrow and was about to say something to heejung before a palm landed on her cheek.