Chapter 6

We all walked back to the monastery after training around sunset. Everyone seemed tired but were in a good mood for the most part.

"I hope we haven't missed dinner," Cole commented, "because I'm starving."

"Yeah, me too." Kai agreed.

Lloyd yawned. "I can't wait to go to sleep. I'm so tired."

We all nodded in agreement to Lloyd's statement and continued on our way to the monastery. When we arrived, we could smell the scent of freshly cooked food coming from the kitchen.

"It appears we are just in time for dinner." Zane observed.

We all rushed in through the front doors and down the halls pushing and shoving trying to be the first one in the kitchen.

"You boys need to calm down! I know you're all hungry, but your being ridiculous. The foods not going anywhere." Nya rolled her eyes. She was the only one who walked.

When we reached the kitchen we all piled into the room and took our seats at the table.

"You boys must've trained hard. You all look like you ran a marathon." Misako said.

"Or they just all ran down the hall to be the first into the kitchen." Nya responded with another eye roll.

"Come on, Nya. Stop giving us such a hard time." Kai said.

"Yeah! If you trained this hard you'd understand our pain!" I agreed.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Nya sat down at the table.

Once everyone was comfortable at the table we all helped ourselves to the array of food set out for us. The dinner was going great until P.I.X.A.L came running into the room. Everyone looked up from their dishes as the android rushed in.

"I am so sorry to interrupt your meal, but I have some troubling news. The Nindroids are attacking the village!" P.I.X.A.L stated.

"Come on! I just want to finish eating! Couldn't they have waited just an hour or two?" Cole groaned.

We all rolled our eyes at him.

"We can't worry about that now, Cole! We've got civilians to save!" Kai snapped.

We all rushed from our seats. Cole shoveled the last of his food from his plate into his mouth and then ran after us. Nya gave him a disgusted look as he did.

"NINJAGO!" We cried into the night air as we ran out the door of Garmadon's monastery.

Down in the village the Nindroids were wreaking havoc. Terrorizing the villagers who lived there. We rushed into battle using our Spinjitzu.

"Ah, look who finally shows up!" General Cryptor said at the sight of us, "Nindroids, attack the ninja! Do as the Overlord has commanded of us!"

The Nindroids stopped their attack on the villagers and directed their attacks at us.

Flames danced in Kai's palms, casting an eerie glow on his face, "Let's show them what we got!"

"You guys keep the other Nindroids busy. I'm going after Cryptor." I told my teammates then I ran off in the direction of where Cryptor stood.

Two Nindroids ran at Cole. One swing a punch at him but failed, and Cole grabbed the Nindroid by the arm and swung him around into the other Nindroid. Then he let go of the Nindroid set it flying off into the distance.

Lloyd shot green energy blasts at the Nindroids who were converging on him. Since he no longer had his golden powers his engery blasts didn't strengthen the Nindroids like before. Kai stood back to back with Lloyd and shot flames at the approaching Nindroids.

Zane was using Spinjitzu to attack the Nindroids. When he paused and the Spinjitzu around him dispersed it revealed that P.I.X.A.L and him were actually working together to create the tornado. Zane would occasionally shoot ice at the few Nindroids who would try and flee from the battle.

I approached Cryptor with my lightning ready. He was going to pay for what he did. I was going to get my vengeance. When Cryptor saw me he turned his attention to me.

"How's the upgrade working out for you? You know you would've been a great asset to the Overlord's army. It's a shame your potential was wasted." He said.

"Shut up!" I yelled him and shot lightning at him.

Cryptor dodged and retrieved a sword from the sheath on the his back. "A little rewiring is all it would take to make you back to the way you were. It wouldn't take long at all either. Nor would it be painful."

Nindroids suddenly appeared from nowhere around me. My heart pounded harder in my chest and my lightning grew more lively in my palms.

"No!" I tried to remain calm as I yelled back at Cryptor, "I won't let you hurt my friends again! So get away from me!!!"

I released a powerful surge of electricity from my body. It lit up the surrounding area. The bright light from the electricity was the last thing I saw before I fell backwards and the world faded to black.

                               ~¥~

My eyes shot open and I sat upright so fast it made my head spin. Nya who was sitting on the edge of my bed jumped as I sat up. She gasped a bit. Cole, Kai, Lloyd, and P.I.X.A.L stood around my bed and were startled as well when I awoke.

Nya put her hand on mine, "Relax, Jay, it's alright. You're just in your bed. Everything's ok."

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well, we were fighting and then you exerted this huge electric current from your body and it made all the Nindroids short-circuit. It was really cool to look at, but at the same time we did get shocked a bit. Nothing too bad but it did sting." Lloyd informed me.

I looked around the room at my friend's faces as my I calmed down. I noticed something was off.

"Where's Zane?" I asked.

Everyone looked down at the ground. They were silent. A few moments past before P.I.X.A.L spoke.

"The Nindroids took him. Somehow some of them were not electrocuted and managed to take him. We are not sure why they took him though." She said.

"What???! We have to go after him!" I tried to get up, but Nya put a firm hand on me and pushed me back into the bed.

"We will. Don't worry. You need to rest for a little bit before we leave though. It took a lot out of you to use that much electricity. As soon as you're rested up we'll leave." Nya said.

"Ok. Fine." I complied.

Nya smiled at me, "Good."

"Why would they take Zane? It doesn't make any sense. I thought the Overlord was after Lloyd for his golden power." I wondered aloud.

"We were thinking the same thing." Lloyd said. "None of us could think of a good reason."

What's the Overlord planning? What's going to happen to Zane?

~¥~
________________________________________
Oh look. I actually updated this one again! I've had a writer's block but now I'm over it. So that's good.

Anyways( just wanted to say this if anyone was confused. Hopefully you weren't but idk) the village I was talking about in this is that one village place where Garmadon's monastery is located. Hopefully you know what I'm talking about. Otherwise just go rewatch episode 2 of season 3.

Yeah. So, how are you guys liking this? I love hearing from you!

Vote?
Comment?
Thanks so much for reading!