Chapter 7

I woke up to sunlight filtering into my window. I got out of my bed and headed towards the door. I was still a little drowsy, but that didn't matter. What did matter was finding Zane before the Overlord and his Nindroids did something terrible to him.

I walked out of the bedroom and down the hall looking for my friends. I stopped in the kitchen and found Misako pouring Wu and Garmadon some tea.

Wu looked up from his steaming drink at me, "So you are finally awake."

"Yeah," I responded, "have you seen the others around?"

"They were heading outside the last time I saw them." Misako informed me.

"Thanks!"

I headed outside the monetary and looked up at the sky. The sun was pretty high in the sky already. I must've slept for pretty long. It looks like it's almost noon!

I came across a outcropping of trees and saw my friends sitting in the shade. Lloyd was standing against the tree drawing something in the dirt while the others watched intently. A little ways away P.I.X.A.L was pacing around frantically.

Cole looked up from the drawing when he heard me approaching, "Oh hey, Jay. How'd ya' sleep?"

"I slept pretty good." I sat down next to him, "What are you guys doing drawing in the dirt?"

"We're trying to form a battle plan." Kai responded, "To infiltrate Borg Industries tower and get Zane back."

"And I would suggest hurrying it up!" P.I.X.A.L snapped, "The longer we spend here the longer Zane is at the mercy of the Overlord!"

"Relax, P.I.X.A.L. I don't like Zane being gone any less than you do, but we can't just rush into the Overlord's base without some sort of plan. We wouldn't accomplish anything that way." Lloyd said.

"Perhaps you are correct," P.I.X.A.L sighed. "Do not leave me out of your plans. I wish to accompany you when you carry out your rescue mission. After all, I could be of some assistance once you are in the Borg Industries tower. I know the building inside and out."

"Alright then," Lloyd nodded, "we'll leave at sundown.

We spent the rest of our time before sundown training and going over the plan a million times. As sundown grew closer the more anxious we all became, and when the sun finally began to set we put our plan into action. The six of us drove our vehicles to New Ninjago City's outskirts, and continued into the city on foot. We couldn't risk being spotted if we were to drive right into the city.
Dark shades of blue were beginning to spread across the evening sky when we had finally made it to Borg Industries. Nindroids guarded the entrance just as expected.

Lloyd peered out from behind our hiding space which was an alleyway at the Nindroid guards. He then turned his attention back to us.

"First thing's first," Lloyd began, "we take out those guards by the door. Then, P.I.X.A.L, Jay, you two will take two of the Nindroids uniforms and disguise yourselves. After that, the rest of us will pretend to have been captured by P.I.X.A.L and Jay and gain entry into the tower. Once inside we'll find out where Zane is being held and rescue him. Got it?"

"You didn't have to say that. We've been over this plan too many times to count." Kai said.

Lloyd looked toward the ground and sighed, "Yeah, I know. It's just.. this plan can't fail. We can't afford to have anything happen to Zane. I won't allow it."