A Chance Meeting

AN: Marie is fifteen going on sixteen. Severus is 17 going on 18. I forgot how old he is supposed to be during The Philosopher's Stone but Marie is 28.
She is on a mission to catch a Russian spy. Scotland is were the target is said to be living. Her target knows her and is ordered to bring her in by any means necessary. The same goes for her. The sky is cloudy, like she expects anything less from the British skies.
"A high chance of rain, that is. Bet it will pour later, deary." The waitress at the airport comments as she hands the female tea. She scoffs into the tea as she watches the waitress slip away to serve another. A tap on her shoulder jerks her back to the subject at hand.
"Fancy seeing you here, puppet." The tone is comforting and grounding. Emerald green eyes and massive eye brows meet her sky blue and weary eyes. She smiles weakly at the man, her eyes starting to water. How she misses him.
"Hush, love. I've got you." The dirty blonde man wraps his arms around her. A Scottish man clears his throat, getting met with twin glares.
"Now's no' the time, laddies. Car." He smiles as the group heads to their car.
"We've missed you, Marie. You don't have to be a stranger anymore." The dirty blonde man hugs her tightly.
"Dad, you know why I can't visit often. I have to go to this place called Spinners End. A Tobias Snape has information on where I can find Ivan. I love you so much!" She kisses her father's cheek before smiling weakly at her fiery uncle.
"You come back in one piece, you hear me? I expect you to be there for Christmas. A real proper Christmas with a man at your side is my wish." Arthur huffs as he squeezes his daughter. Ian laughs before he hugs his niece.
"Everyone will be there, love. Even you, if I have to find you and drag you there myself. You be safe. Now pop off!" Arthur lets go of his daughter, probably for the last time, and clampers into the car. Ian gives his niece the biggest hug.
"You better come back, lassie." He whispers as he lets go.
"I will, Uncle Ian."
She becomes a bald eagle, soaring into the sky on powerful wings. Ian lets his tears fall as he watches her fly away before entering the car and turning it on.
"She'll be alright. Of bloody course she will be. If she isn't, then I will turn in badge with MI6 and kill the bloody bastard for what he did to my daughter." Arthur's mutterings are silently agreed with Ian's thoughts.
She flies for days. She doesn't know where she is going. Exhausted as she is, she still sees Ivan. He is walking down a street. A rundown house stands out to her. A man, a drunkard really, is sitting on the porch and insulting the Russian. "Tobias, my comrade. If you wish to remain in land of living, tell me where the Amerikan is." Ivan orders as he hauls the useless man up. The man gulps.
"No las been round here, Ivan. Swear! You can stay till she does." Ivan throws the man to the ground and looks to the sky.
"No need, comrade. I have found her." She continues to fly in a circle and barely misses the first spell. The second spell hits her hard. She manages to fly out of his sight and fall in a hidden place. By the grace of the Lord Almighty, she remains in eagle form, half dead. Severus, sick of his father and friends yelling and the big Russian snooping around the yard decides to go on a walk. He brings his school bag along in the hopes of getting some homework done before his father gets violent again. It is winter break of his seventh year. He is marked by Tom Riddle. Tom would not let him kill his father. None of the killing is really done by Voldemort. He ponders why Dumbledore is such an egotistical maniac. He finds her on a walk in the woods by Spinner's End. A bald eagle, unconscious and with a broken wing. He gently wraps this eagle in a scarf he has in the bag and gently placed her within the magically extended bag. He returns home, a hand on his shoulder stopping him.
"If you see an eagle or an American woman, tell me. It is important, да?" Ivan makes his threat very clear. Severus nods before fleeing to his room. His father is already passed out on the couch. He sets up wards and vows not to give the eagle to that weird Russian. He is gentle with the eagle as he fixes the wing and prunes the feathers. After he is done, he administers potions. He gently places the eagle on a soft pile of blanket that he hides under the bed. His father doesn't allow him to use blankets so he doesn't want it to go to waste. The eagle is unconscious for the first two weeks of winter break. Only two more to go. Christmas is in five days. Her wing is healed. Ivan has moved into the house, believing he is setting a trap for her. Severus notices that his father is starting to die. Severus brings up the leftover fish to feed the eagle and freezes after he closes the door. A fourteen year old, give or take, girl is curls up where his eagle was at. She is unconscious but there are two letters clutched in her hand a note for him on his bed.
"My name is Marie Kirkland. I am almost sixteen years old. Ivan, the Russian Spy is trying to capture me. I work for both the Magical and Muggle Government of the United States of America. I also need to send two letters as fast as possible. They are in my hand. I trust you, Severus. I also kinda like you. Nice tattoo by the way. I'm feeling tired. After you send the letters, please feel free to do whatever you feel like doing with the information I told you. Love you. I mean I like you. I mean I...." the note makes him smile. He sends the letters with his owl and finds a second blanket to cover the girl. When she wakes up, Severus has just stumbled into the room with bruises and blood covering him. She heard his father screaming at him and the hits during her dream. She patches him up, whispering about this and that and telling jokes. Severus smiles and laughs for the first time in a long time. It's only three days before Christmas. Two days before Christmas, Ivan bursts into Severus' room and comes face to face with six wand points. Arthur and Francis Kirkland-Bonufey are not happy with Ivan and the wands are shaking with their anger. Ian, Patrick, Shannon, and William Kirkland arrest Ivan and Tobias. Marie kisses Severus, who hugs her gently. They apperate to Kirkland Mansion and have the best Christmas of their lives. A year later, the are married.