Awake At Last

'Twas five nights before Christmas and all throughout Hogwarts, not a person was awake not even a mouse. Except for a little boy who had a nightmare and wandered to the hospital wing. He was scared of his father from potions class but Mommy said that daddy will always love him. His mind was made up and he cautiously made his way to the bed. He climbed into the bed that his father was in, snuggling up to him as he always did when he'd sneak in.
"Hi daddy. I made a Christmas wish to Santa. I wished that you'd wake up but I know that he only gives good boys and girls stuff and I'm just a freak that will never be good but I tried." Sebastian whispered. He started to drift asleep as strong arms gently wrapped around him and a deep, soothing voice told him that he was an amazing little boy that deserved all the love in the world. Severus watched his son sleep, happy that he was safe and sound. He kissed the child's head and joined him in sleep.
It was early in the morning when Sebastian woke up, held against his daddy's chest and feeling safer than he'd ever thought. He was confused when he tried to move away but the arms held him closer. He looked up into his father's black eyes, both still sleepy.
"Da, daddy?" Sebastian timidly asked, wanting to make sure it wasn't a dream. Severus smiles at his son.
"It's not a dream, my precious child. Go back to sleep, Sebastian. We can open gifts later but it is much to early." His deep voice was heavy with sleep and Sebastian obeyed his father after shaking his head and stating that he didn't get gifts because only good kids got them. After a few hours, Madame Pomfrey released Severus from her ward and he carried his still sleeping son down to his rooms, smiling when Sebastian gripped his robes tightly.
He and Marie had a whispered conversation about if they would be going to the big Family Christmas. She insisted that they either go by their own free will or they would be forcefully dragged there. Severus shuddered at the memory of the one time they had almost missed the mandatory gathering. She went to pack as they only had an hour before they had to be there. Sebastian was going to be spoiled and the two would be able to bond.