2

( Art by Zweir)

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock on my phone going off. I checked to see it was 6:30 am. I had an hour to get ready for school. I put on a white t-shirt and dark blue jeans and I honestly didn't care about my hair so I headed down stairs to make waffles.

I grabbed one waffle out of the box of waffles to find only one was in there. Ill have to go buy some waffles after school. I decided to eat it frozen since I always rushed things.  After I ate it I headed up stairs to get some shoes and my backpack.

I looked in my closet for a pair of red converses and there I saw them. Those apple red converses that I had got from yesterday. I slid on some white socks and put on my red converses. They felt a bit tight but it didn't matter right now.

I grabbed my backpack and headed out to see the bus heading towards my house. The bus stopped with a big screech making my ears hurt. The doors of the bus opened and I went in to see not a lot of kids on this bus.

I scanned the area to see a place to sit until I saw a place perfect. There was a girl with short brown hair who seemed to be quite unlike the others girls who were yapping. I sat next to her to see she was doing nothing but staring out the window.

I was going to say something until I saw she was listening to music and I really didn't want to bother her. I got out my notebook and started drawing a picture of her. For some when ever I would take a look at her she seemed as if she was sleeping then rather looking out.

I finally finished drawing her until I heard the words'' Wow your good at drawing. Wait is that supposed to be me?''. I turned my head to see the girl staring at me with her sharp brown eyes. ''Um thank you. It's supposed to be you but I'm not good at drawing'' I said to her. 

''What's your name boy?'' the girl said.  ''My name is Nathan....what's your name?''

''Shira.......'' she said quietly.  '' I think you have a beautiful name!'' I said to her. After that she just stared at the window the rest of the ride to school. I couldn't quite figure out what she was thinking but I felt like there was a side she was hiding from people that was to be explored.

We finally got to the school and I couldn't believe how many kids were there.  I felt so weird having this many kids around me. They were everywhere. I couldn't fit in with this crowd. I stuck out too much.

Soon enough I made it into the school to see hundreds of kids in the school going to class.  Math was my first class which I wasn't good at so I hoped that I wouldn't get picked to do a problem. I went in the class and sat down too see a work sheet.  Luckily it was only one question which seemed a bit weird.

Do the ratios 2/1 and 14/7 form a proportion?

Damn I wasn't good at math. Well screw it. I circled yes and turned in the worksheet. I watched as all the kids walked in and all of them had the same expression on their face.  Emotionless kind of like me.

Soon the bell rang and a tall,elegent,blonde haired women walk to the front desk. '' I am Mrs. Crabtree and Ill be your math teacher'' she said with a silvery voice.