Chapter 1

August 8th, 2014

"Jamie, let's go! Your future husbands aren't gonna wait all night you know!" My best friend, Ava called out to me. She seemed to be getting impatient, trust me when I say that nobody wants an impatient Ava.

"Yeah yeah, just one sec," I rolled my eyes and laughed, finishing my mascara. Blinking a few times into the mirror to check my makeup. On fleek.

Walking over to my shoe rack in my bedroom, I slide on my black converse to complete my outfit. It consisted of a white 1D shirt with a neon blue, green, pink and yellow 1D symbol on it, ripped light blue shorts and to top it off, a few thin gold bangles on each wrist.

I walk out of my bedroom and down the stairs to see a very impatient Ava at the door. Oops!

"Ready yet princess?" Ava joked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I sighed in content with a smile.

"Good now let's go!"

We both ran to her yellow Volkswagen Beetle she named Valerie. I have asked her why she named her car Valerie, yet let alone why she would name a car. She just said it looked like a Valerie.

All the way to the arena, we replayed every single One Direction song known to man. We belted out the lyrics not even caring what we sound like. I am not ashamed to say that I know every word to every song, and so does Ava. We even played their X-Factor auditions for possibly the millionth time. 

*4 hours later*

Ava pulls us into the massive parking lot of the large arena that was almost filled with cars that had several different license plates from all over the country. One was even from Maine; it is truly crazy how far people will travel for this dorky boyband.

Luckily, Ava found a parking spot right by the backstage area. When she pulled into the parking spot, I saw four security guards standing there looking straight ahead, not even moving. I must say that it is kind of creeping me out a bit.

Ava turns off the car and looks at me with a smirk.

"Oh no, this can't be good," Trying to fight a smile, I avoid eye contact with her.

"I say hey! It's amazayn, does it make you a Directioner!" Ava sang to the chorus of 'Alive'.

I giggle, "Yes, yes it does now let's gooo!" While climbing out of the passenger side.

We both run right to the front of the arena, pushing open the glass doors before us. The lobby is crowded with numerous people, security guards on every corner and near every door. Ava and I walk up to a booth with an isolated man inside, he looks exhausted from all of the girls coming through.

"Tickets please." 

Ava hands him the tickets and he scans them to make sure they are valid. After the scanner beeps in confirmation, he lets us through, handing us our tickets.

Ava runs through the door that leads into the seating area, and immediately runs into a heavier woman in her later twenties. She turns around holding a little girl's hand who only looks the age of six. The little girl is wearing a purple shirt with the boys faces in white on it, a pink tutu and a pair of white light-up sketchers on her feet.

"Be careful where you run!" The lady spits at Ava.

I walk up beside Ava and nod to her, giving her all the confirmation she needed. 

"Be careful what you eat!" Ava says while giving herself a double chin and waddling around like a fat penguin.

I lose it and collapse on the floor, belting out in laughter. The woman scoffs while rolling her eyes and turns back around. 

"Need some help buddy?" She asks offering a hand with a smile.

"Yeah I do actually," I take her hand as she helps me up.

As I dust off my shirt and shorts, a tall man with a bright yellow shirt and dark jeans announces through a megaphone, "One Direction will be ready in five minutes, please take your seats at YOUR seat," He emphasizes the word 'your'. "And enjoy the show."

Every single girl runs through the doors behind us and look like lost cats trying to find their seats. The arena already very noisy and crowded as people wander around and talk. 

Ava takes my hand and drags me into the section where our seats should be. We both search for our seats on the benches and we finally reach our row within the large section.

"76...77...78...79! Here it is!" Ava thinks out loud.

She hands me my ticket and I slide it into my back pocket. We both take a seat waiting for our idols to jump out onto the stage. Butterflies flutter within my stomach just imagining the moment when they eventually come out. Liam and Louis will be fighting with god knows what this time, Harry will be pouring water on the fans up front; it will be memorable either way.

Ava glances at her watch, "only a couple more minutes!" She sings excitedly.

I laugh and push her shoulder playfully. She then pretends to die and falls into the small space in between my bench and the bench in front of us. Rolling my eyes, I snicker at her over dramatic scene. 

The lights suddenly shut off and most of the girls scream in fright, some in excitement. Ava scrambles back up onto her feet, standing on her toes to see over the people in front of us. A loud drum instantly starts a beat, queuing the boys to get ready to come out and sing.

The girls start to stand up and scream their heads off. I wince at the high pitched sound filling my ears, pushing in my earplugs a bit further.

Guitar and bass occupy the drums and stop to get the first verse of Best Song Ever started.

Here they come...

Louis, Zayn, Niall, Liam then Harry run out onto stage with huge smiles on their faces while scanning the crowd. They go their separate ways on the T-shaped stage.

I bite the inside of my cheek to keep myself from crying when they start to sing. I scream, cry, dance, and sing along like any other girl at a concert.

Ava is standing on top of the benches trying to get them to notice her. She waves her arms around and jumps on the benches, a loud squeak escaping from them every time she lands on the fragile wood. She screams the lyrics and the occasional 'I love you'. Well, that's just Ava.

"And we danced all night to the best song ever

We knew every line, now I can't remember

How it goes but I know that I won't forget her

'Cause we danced all night to the best song ever!" The boys sang and the fangirls sing along with them. 

The rest of the concert basically went like this except it was a little emotional when they sang Story of My Life, You & I, Don't Forget Where You Belong, and Half A Heart.

The time came to get the meet and greet started. I have been waiting for this moment for 273 days! I have been counting down since I bought the tickets. Although I have always wanted to see them in concert and meet them since I heard What Makes You Beautiful on the radio in 2012. 

Ava and I raced and weaved our way between a lot of girls in order to get a good spot in line. We actually ended up being twenty seventh in line according to Ava.

"We're about to personally meet One Direction!" Ava squealed while jumping up and down. Her golden locks bouncing freely around her face.

I laughed at her excitement as I tried to keep myself calm. Glancing over at the boys and saw Niall looking our way did not help me remain calm. My heart fluttered and it felt as if my knees were about to give out from underneath me.