Chapter 8

August 9th, 2009

As soon as my eyes open, I sit up in the bed holding my head. Everything is spinning, must be the dream last night, or when I sat up really fast. Remembering the dream, I frantically search the room for the sheet of paper. I notice it as it's floating down from the ceiling. It lightly lands on the bed sheets behind me. I slowly reach out and examine it; it's the same as it was last night when I read it in my dream. 

Today I must do whatever the first thing on the list is, which is getting three thin strands of rope and braid them. What does this have to do with getting me back to the present? I shouldn't question it, I just want to get back to the present as soon as possible.

I fold up the paper into fours and shove it in my jeans front pocket.

My feet pad over to his desk and I start to rummage through the drawers to find what I desperately needed, but came out empty handed.

"Shoot." I mumble under my breath.

I walk out of Harry's room and down the hall, searching for the curly haired heartthrob. Unsuccessful, I head downstairs to search for him. As I near the bottom step, my heart starts to beat harder and faster. I am almost afraid of finding him because it's Harry Styles that I'm seeing. Any one would love to be in my shoes right now but he hasn't auditioned for the X Factor yet so no one really knows who he is.

As I pass the kitchen, I see Harry drying the dishes while a woman, who I assume is Anne, cleans them.

The kitchen is very cute and homey. The walls are a buttercream yellow and the floor is a gray stone pattern tile. The countertop is across from the doorway and is dark wood. On the counter is a toaster, coffee maker and a cutting board. Then slightly to the right on the counter is a sink. Then on the right of the doorway, is a beautiful light blue cupboard with plates, cups and bowls in it. I'm assuming in the drawers are silverware and cooking utensils. To the left of the doorway is a square wooden block with a microwave on it and next to it, is a refrigerator. Finally, against the wall is a massive stove that has six burners and an oven on the inside that can hold up to four maybe even six trays.

As Harry turns around to put the plates in the cupboard, he sees me. His eyes light up and he quickly puts the plates away and ushers me into the kitchen.

"Mum, this is Jamie, Jamie, this is my mum." 

His mom turns off the faucet and dries off her hands while taking in my appearance. Harry steps to the side and holds his hands behind him. 

"Well hello Jamie! My name is Anne." She says cheerfully as she extends a hand for me to shake, which I gladly take.

"Is it okay if Jamie stays with us for a little while? Until she can go back home?"

I turn around and look at him, he's doing a puppy face at his mom. If I were Anne, I would say yes in a heartbeat.

Anne laughs lightly, "Sure, stay as long as you like." She says as she puts away the last of the dishes.

"Yes!" Me and Harry both say in unison and give each other a high five.

Harry sets his drying rag on the counter next to the sink and walks out of the kitchen with me.

"Is there a park nearby that we could go to?"

"Yeah, there's one that is about four blocks away. Wanna go now?"

"Yes please." I say as I walk down the hall once again and over to the shoes to slip on my converse.

"Ready?" Harry says as he finishes tying his gym shoes.

"Yep." 

Harry opens the door, "Ladies first," Harry chuckles lightly, his dimples prominent.

"Why thank you kind sir." I giggle as I walk past him and out the door. I try to play it off like I was joking around, but I start to blush like crazy and I don't want him to notice. 

When we arrive at the park, I take Harry's hand and guide him over to a bench.

"I need to talk to you about something." I start as we both sit down on the cold wooden bench.

"Okay..." Harry says a little uneasy.

I take a deep breath, "So you know how I came back into the past and I'm trying to find a way back?"

"Yeah."

"Well I had a dream a little bit ago and there was this girl that told me I only have seven days to get back home. In order to get back home, I have to do everything on this list." I explain and reach inside my pocket, pulling out the folded piece of paper and handing it to Harry.

He unfolds it and I watch his eyes dart from left to right, reading what's written on the paper.

"All of this?"

"All of it." I confirm. "I need some rope to make the braided belt first. But I don't know why a belt will help me get back home."

"No time for questions, love. Let's get you some rope." Harry says as he takes my hand in his and takes me to the nearest hardware store.

We crossed a couple of roads until we were at the hardware store I was at just yesterday.

Harry led me down a small isle, "Which kind of rope do you need?"

"Just a thin kind, that way it's easier to braid."

Harry reached up and grabbed the small loop of rope. I followed him to the counter as he checked it out.

"Have a nice day." The cashier said as we were about to leave.

"Thanks, you too." Me and Harry both said in unison.

Once we walked out of the store, we walked back to Harry's house. Before walking into the living room, we took our shoes off. We both took a seat on the lovely cream-white couch.

"May I see the rope please?" I asked Harry with an extended hand.

"Sure thing." Harry said and took the rope out of the flimsy plastic shopping bag.

I ripped the cardboard packaging off of it before unraveling it.

"I need scissors." I slightly laugh and my hands drop onto my thighs.

"Be right back." Harry says as he gets up and walks out of the room.

Harry returns moments later with a pair of scissors in hand. I thank him and start to measure a third of the rope and cut it to my desired length. Harry watches me intently and gives me a super cheeky smile the whole time. I giggle and roll my eyes, continuing to cut the rope. Once I cut it into thirds, I tied one end into a knot and started to braid.

"Harry, can you hold that end of the rope for me please?" I ask while braiding the remaining length of the thin rope.

He agrees and takes the rope in his large hands. Eventually, I finish the braid and tie that end into a knot. Then, I pull it through my belt loops and tie the two ends together, completing my daily task.

As soon as I connected the two knots, I saw the girl from my dream last night, appear in front of me for a moment surrounded by a warm glowing light; her hands folded in front of her. She unfolded them and slowly brought them up, away from her sides. She then started to quickly fade away.

"Hello?" Harry called out as I see his hand wave in front of my face.

"Wha-what? What happened?" 

"You seemed dazed out for a second there."

"I'm fine, I just saw that girl from my dream last night appear in front of me. She lifted her arms like she was gonna fly and then faded away." I explain.

"That's a good sign, maybe you're on the right track to getting home." Harry says happily.

"Maybe, I sure hope so." I say unsure.