Something Called Happiness

You awoke with an empty feeling in your chest, just as every other day. It wasnt a good feeling, but you became accoustomed to it, as you've felt it for so long. You didnt know why, or how you woke up in the first place until you heard loud-pitched screaming coming from downstairs. 'Oh. They're arguing again.' You thought. You look over at your clock. It reads 9:34 PM. 'So early in the moring to...'
You groan in your head, only because you didnt want to alert you parents. You raise yourself from your bed, and slowly and carefully walk outside your room and into the bathroom down the hall. With every step, the worn-down, hard wood floor made a slight creek. You cringed.

You walk into the bathroom, and quickly brush your teeth. You would take a shower, but you only did that while your parents were at work, or just out of the house at the moment, to avoid being caught by them and meeting your bruise-full demise. Knowing that you had to watch out for them every single day made you slowly become depressed, but you couldnt do anything about it. You had no money, clean clothes, or ambition or perserverace to do anything even close to running away. And your parents are stronger. They've always been. You could'nt fight back. Even if you tried.

You didnt relize you were crying until you saw the tears fall onto the sink. You gasp and quickly clean your face and the tear covered sink until it looked just as it was before. You ran back to your room, and quickly got dressed into your {f/c} sweater, black leggings, and black converse.

All of a sudden, you heard a loud bang. You look to your right to see your father, black-out drunk, standing in your doorway holding a empty beer bottle. He started screaming, at the top of his lungs, "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING!?" You jumped, and stood still staring at him, forgetting to answer his pointless question. He angrily started walking up to you. You started walking backwards, praying to God himself, that you would find a place to escape. You found yourself backed up against a wall, as your fathers alchohol-filled breath, covered your face. You cringed oncemore at the stench. He starts screaming again, "I ASKED YOU A QUESTION. WHAT WERE YOU DOING!?" You started sweating continuously and fumbling with your words as you explain to him the situation. "I-I wasnt d-doing anything b-bad, i j-just-"
"YOU JUST WHAT? JUST SAT HERE MAKING ALL THIS NOISE?" He yelled at you again, cutting off your explanation. "You know what...?" He said, voice unusaully quiet.
"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!"

All of a sudden, you felt yourself get smacked to the ground. The sting of his hand made tears well up in your eyes, and run down your cheeks. He starts kicking you. In the ribs, in the chest, eveywhere. You started sobbing, constantly gasping for air as he hit your lungs. Screaming from the pain, you covered your face and body for protection.

You suddenly felt nothing at all. No kicks. No punches. Nothing.

You opened your tear filled eyes to see that your father had walked out of the room. You slowly got up, wincing from the pain.

You have had enough of this. You have had enough of the abuse, the negelect, and the hatred that you have endured from your 'parents'.

You finally decided to run away. All that time seemed to have fly by, as it was already 11 at night. You chuckeled at that. You quickly got out your backpack, stuffing clothes, food, and bottles of water into the bag. And occasionally throwing money in there as well. Once you were done, you slowly opened your window, trying not to make a sound, as your window creeked. Once the gap of the window was big enough, you climbed out, slid down the roof, and jumped down into some bushes below. "Welp, that made a lot of noise." You whispered. You climbed out of the bushes and started running. You ran and ran until you were practically dragging your feet across the pavment. It hurt like hell, but then you remined yourself that it didnt hurt as much as when you lived in that hell hole. You start to breath heavily from over exhaustion, and slow down your running speed. You stop in an abandoned alley-way, and look around to find a wall to relax on. You slid your back down the wall until you hit the floor. You smile, and breath a sigh of relif. You felt so tired, so you let the darkness of the night consume you, until you fall into a peaceful sleep.

Finally, after all these years, you feel something you havent felt in a long time. Something that you've always wanted. Something that you could never find or have, but finally have grasp of.

Happiness.

~~~~~~~~~¤~~~~~~¤~~~~~~~~~~

{A/N} Hello everyone! I just wanted to thank you all for reading the first chapter of my story. It will probably be long, and have some chapters that wont be progressive, but trust me, it will all be worth it. Anyways, again, thank you all for reading. I love youuuu❤