chapter 1

~Akimi's POV~

I don't remember much about what happened, I only remember waking up in an unfamiliar room. Shikimi-san or obaa-san as she tells me to call her and her husband, Haru-san or jii-jii, told me that they found me unconscious in the forest. They told me that I was out for a week and that they were glad that I was okay. They also said that I reminded them of their late daughter, Akane.

"Akimi-chan, can you go and get some wood for the fire?" Obaa-san asked me as she stepped out of the kitchen.

"Hai." I replied and stood up from the couch.

I walked towards my room and grabbed the kunai pouch jii-jii gave me two days ago saying that it was in case of an emergency. It has actually been three weeks since I got here and I still don't know how. Apparently, obaa-san and jii-jii live on the outskirts of the Hidden Leaf Village, I was really surprised when they told me that and the first thing that popped into my mind after I finally realized what they said was "I'M IN NARUTO!?" Of course I didn't say it out loud, but I quietly squealed against my pillow when I was in my bedroom.

"Let's get this over with." I mumbled after I placed my kunai pouch on my left thigh before grabbing my jacket and started making my way outside of the small cabin. "I'll be back in a few minutes!" I yelled.

"Be careful!" Obaa-san said from the kitchen.

"I will!" I said.

"Don't worry about her, Shikimi, she is a strong girl. I am training her myself after all." I heard jii-jii say proudly as I closed the door.

I giggled when he said that. It's true he was training me, but all I can learn is taijutsu since I don't think I can use chakra... yet. I started walking, picking up sticks and branches as I went.

'I wonder if Sora is alright. Did she noticed I'm gone? Did mom and dad come home from their business trip? Does Sora miss me? Do my parents miss me? No, I don't think they do... maybe Sora, but not my parents.' I was lost in thoughts when I suddenly tripped over some roots. I hurted my ankle and all the wood fell to the ground, I cursed under my breath.

Collecting the wood again, I slowly got back up and started walking back to the cabin, picking up dry sticks every now and then. As I reached the cabin, I heard a loud scream coming from inside.