chapter 4

~Akimi's POV~

I woke up, got out of bed and did my morning routine. I walked out of my room and walked into the kitchen, obaa-san was making breakfast.

"Good morning, obaa-san." I said.

"Good morning, sweetie." Obaa-san greeted me. "Here you go." She smiled.

"Arigato." I said and sat down.

When we finished having breakfast, obaa-san spoke.

"Akimi-chan." She called and I looked up at her before tilting my head.

"What is it, obaa-san?"

"Would you like to join the academy?"

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"Would you like to join the academy?" She asked again.

'I get to join the academy!? Awesome!' I thought before nodding.

"Hai!" I said happily. I thought for awhile and than decided to speak again. "Um... obaa-san, what happened to jii-jii?"

"He's in a better place." She told me while smiling sadly.

"Will he come back?" I asked and she shook her head making me frown before I finally got what she meant. "Oh... um... Obaa-san, can I go train?"

"Of course."

I went to get my weapons pouch before going where I think the training grounds are.

~time skip~

After getting lost ten times and having to ask for directions five times, I finally found the training grounds. I stretched a little before running three laps around the training ground. After I finished, I did 10 pushups and 10 sit ups.

'I wonder if I should try the tree walking exercise. Do I even have chakra?' I shrugged. 'Maybe I should meditate first before I start the rest of my training.'

I went to the center of the training ground and sat down, preparing to meditate for at least two to three hours just like jii-jii taught me.

I cleared my thoughts and relaxed, I began to feel a floating sensation just like before. I began to search for my chakra in order to see if I had any, I lost myself in my own mind, delving deeper and deeper until I finally came upon my chakra, a small lake of energy that calmly swirled around a focal point.

My eyes snapped open when I heard a noise nearby. I studied my surroundings and my eyes trailed towards the sky, from the position of the sun, I could tell that it was almost lunch time. I blushed when I realized that the noise from before was my stomach growling. 'Good thing no one is here to hear that.' I thought in embarrassment as I stood up and made my way home.