chapter 7

~Akimi's POV~

I was running through the streets of Konoha with an excited look on my face as I headed home from my first day at the academy. As I was running, I accidentally bumped into a woman with long raven hair that was walking around with a small boy which made the few grocery bags she had in her left hand fall.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going and... I'm sorry!" I quickly apologized and bent down to pick everything up. I stood back up and gave the bags back to the woman while biting my lower lip. "I-I'm really sorry, miss. I wasn't..-"

The woman squealed, cutting me off. "Oh my! It's okay! You're so cute." She gushed before hugging me. I glanced over at the young boy who looked like he knew his mother was making no sense.

After a while, the woman finally calmed down and grabbed the grocery bags that her son was now holding.

"What's your name?" She asked me as I rubbed the back of my neck sheepishly.

"My name's Akimi." I smiled at her.

"It's nice to meet you, Akimi-chan. I'm Mikoto Uchiha and this is my son, Itachi." Mikoto shot her son a smile and gently nudged him forward.

"H-hello." Itachi said politely.

'Kawaii!' Was the only word that popped into my mind staring at the small 5 year old.

"Sorry to cut this short, Mikoto-san, but I really have to go or my obaa-san will have my head for being late. Again, I'm sorry for bumping into you like that." I said sheepishly while rubbing the back of my neck again and Mikoto smiled.

"It's quite all right, dear."

"Well, I have to go now. It was nice to meet you, Mikoto-san, Itachi-kun." I said with a grin before running off.