chapter 6: first day of the academy

Two weeks later.

~Akimi's POV~

*beep* *beep* *beep*

I groaned as I heard my alarm clock. Rolling over, it flashed 7:00 a.m. Sighing, I carefully sat up and stretched while yawning. Today was my first day at the academy. I removed the covers from on top of me, got out of bed and went to do my morning routine before getting ready for the academy. After I finished getting ready for the academy, I left my room and went towards the kitchen. I entered the kitchen and found obaa-san making breakfast.

"Good morning, obaa-san." I greeted while yawning slightly.

"Good morning, Akimi-chan." Obaa-san greeted back. "Here." She smiled as she gave me a plate of bacon and eggs.

"Arigato." I said and sat down before starting to eat.

After breakfast, obaa-san took me to the academy.

~time skip~

I peeked around obaa-san's legs at the large building of the academy. I could see the many different parents and their young kids around my age who are excited. I am as well, but I am also nervous. Although I don't care much of what others think about me, I still hoped to make friends.

"Akimi-chan, it's okay." Obaa-san said as she patted my head. "It's your first day, so have fun." She smiled and gently pushed me towards the entrance.

I smiled before waving back at her.

"See you later, obaa-san!" I grinned and ran inside the building.

Tilting my head slightly, the receptionist smiled before handing over a piece of paper that had my class written on it. Smiling at her, I went on my way occasionally scooting around parents that were talking in the halls.

Glancing at the sheet and at the sign, I nodded to myself before quietly knocking on the door. Peeking into the classroom, I noticed that there were many children my age sitting at random seats chatting around with their neighbors. The sensei noticed me and gestured for me to come in, so I slowly walked into the classroom.

"Good morning class." The sensei said as I stopped next to him. "We have a new student today. Will you introduce yourself?" He asked and I nodded before clearing my throat.

"Hello. My name is Akimi." I introduced myself almost quietly before bowing. "It's nice to meet you all."

"You may take a seat." Sensei told me and I nodded before looking around for an empty seat.

When I found one, I quickly went to sit down before paying attention to the lecture.