chapter 2

~Akimi's POV~

As I reached the cabin, I heard a loud scream coming from inside.

'That sounded like obaa-san!' I thought as I quickly entered and rushed towards where I heard the scream come from, ignoring the pain that came from my ankle.

"Obaa-san!" I yelled as I saw a man coming closer to her with a kunai in his right hand.

I took out a kunai of my own and threw it at the man, forcing him to back away from obaa-san as I quickly stepped in front of her.

"Akimi-chan." She said in surprise. "You shouldn't be here, Akimi-chan or you'll get hurt!"

"It's alright, obaa-san, both of us are getting out of here. Where's jii-jii?" Her silence along with the tears answered my question. "Oh."

"You little brat." The man said while standing up. "Do you really think you can escape from me?"

"Um... pretty much." I said before throwing a bunch of kunais in his direction.

As he started to dodge the kunais, I quickly grabbed obaa-san's hand and ran.

"That little b*tch." I heard the man growl as I ran out the door, still dragging obaa-san.

'I have to get obaa-san to the village. We'll be safe there.' I thought, running in the direction I think the village is in as I continued to ignore the pain.

"Akimi-chan, you shouldn't have done that." Obaa-san scolded. "Now you're in danger as well."

"It's all right, obaa-san." I said, turning around slightly while taking out a kunai in order to redirect the ones that were heading my way.

"Fire style: fireball jutsu!" A massive fireball headed our way and I quickly tackled obaa-san so it wouldn't hit either of us.

'Why is he targeting obaa-san?' I saw the village's gate up ahead so I quickly got up before helping obaa-san.

"We're almost there, obaa-san." I told her as I picked up the pace.

"Akimi-chan." She called.

"What is it, obaa-san?" I asked as I dodged another set of kunais.

"Leave me here."

"Wh-what?"

"I'm only slowing you down, Akimi-chan." She said. "I don't want you getting hurt because of me."

"No." I said firmly and shook my head. "I already lost jii-jii, I'm not losing you too! We're almost there!"

"But Akimi-chan--"

"No buts!" I yelled.

'Come on, we're almost there!'

The moment we were centimeters away from reaching the village's gate, two ninjas appeared and fought the man that was following us until he retreated.

"Arigato for helping us." Obaa-san said too the shinobi as I hid behind her.