chapter 3

~Akimi's POV~

I silently watched as obaa-san talked to the Hokage, Minato Namikaze, about what happened and I even saw her glance at me a few times. After obaa-san finished talking, we went to our new apartment with a teen who seemed to be Minato's student, Kakashi, escorting us.

'So it's before the kyuubi attack.' I thought as I laid in my new bed. 'Maybe I can save Minato and Kushina! That way Naruto won't have to be alone!'

'But what if I can't?'

'I have to try!'

'But--'

'No buts, no 'cause and no maybes! I have to!'

"Akimi-chan, are you still awake?" I heard obaa-san ask as the door began to open and I quickly moved to my side, closed my eyes and fixed my breathing. I heard her sigh softly.

~third person POV~

Shikimi sighed softly as she saw that Akimi was 'fast asleep', she walked over to the ravenette and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." She said softly before leaving the room and walking to the one across.

'I'll tell her about Haru-kun tomorrow.' She thought grimly as she entered her new bedroom.

~Akimi's POV~

I heard footsteps and felt obaa-san's lips press against my forehead.

"Goodnight, sweetheart." I heard her say softly before leaving my room and I opened my eyes the moment I heard the door close behind her.

"Goodnight, obaa-san." I whispered while hugging my pillow.

'Goodnight, jii-jii. I'll miss you.' I thought, closing my eyes again before allowing the blissful darkness too consume me.