Chapter 1: Breaking the Bond

4 Years Ago: 3rd Person
"Ezra, you could've gotten killed!" Kanan turns and yells at me.
"I got the information that we needed to get!" I argue. We were in the commons and everybody else had gone to the kitchen to grab a snack. Kanan grabbed my wrist.
"I. Don't. Care. You're lucky I was there to save you!" I twist out of his grip. "I had everything under control! I could've gotten out of there just fine!" And this time I was telling the truth. I had sensed the blast a solid two seconds before Kanan deflected it. "If I wasn't there-"
"I could've handled it! You keep forgetting-" Then, Kanan just loses it.
"No. I don't forget that. You are a part of this team! We always have to have each other's backs! I really wish sometimes you didn't join this crew! You're so frustrating and I can barely teach you! Sometimes I wish that the Empire had killed you along with your parents!" My face falls and something inside me breaks. My connection to Kanan through the Force is gone. I step backward, away from Kanan.
"Is... Is that what you really think?" Kanan's face falls, anger completely forgotten. "Ezra, I... I didn't mean to...." I turn and run. I get to my room, I grab my backpack, which has food in it already, and I retreat into the grassy fields of Lothal.