Chapter 3: Looking For Ezra

The next day: Sabine's POV:

We had told Hera what the contact had said, and she was happy to stay on Lothal. We all hope that it is Ezra. We went to the location where Stella told us the contact would be. I kept my hand close to my blaster, incase any....incidents occurred. As we walked into the building, a strange feeling came over us. I heard shuffling in the far corner. Somebody their hand on my shoulder. "Zeb!" I yelped out, surprised by the Lasat. I realized that his ears were down against his head. His gaze was on a wall, the same place where I heard the shuffling.
I turned on my night vision and saw that we weren't alone. I grabbed my blaster and held it at the figure. "Who's there?" I questioned, looking for any type of weapon on the figure. As they moved, my blaster followed. I saw Kanan and Zeb get into a defensive stance, ready for the figure to attack. "Are you the contact, Silver?" I questioned. I saw a piece of blue hair fall from the inside of the cloak. I lowered my blasters. "Ezra?" I asked. They lowered their hood.

3rd Person POV:
As the hooded cloak lowered its hood, you could see eyes so bright, they were just like lightning. Sabine, Zeb, and Kanan sighed, upset that it wasn't their Specter 6. The female under the cloak had a look of confusion on her face. "Ezra?" Sabine shook her head. "I'm sorry. We thought you were.....Somebody else. I'm Sabine, that's Zeb and that's Kanan." She nodded. "Nice to meet you. I'm Emily. Or I'm also known as Silver. Where's your captain?" Kanan was the one who spoke up first. "She's back on the ship." The Ghost crew heard a giggle from somewhere in the room.
Emily shook her head and chuckled. "Excuse her. She's.....Energetic. Skylar. Come here." As the child jumped from the vents, the Ghost crew smiled at the young child. Skylar ran to Emily, giggling from the events before. "Did ya see me! I hid in the vents like Ebby does!" Sabine stepped up. "Wait. Ebby?" Emily nodded. "Yes. He's my brother. He comes around every month or so from Lothal. Earlier, you mistaken me for my brother, didn't you?" Sabine nodded. She looked down. "You were his old crew, weren't you?" Sabine nodded again. "Is he still on Lothal right now?" Emily bended down. "Sky, can you go to your room for a second?" Skylar nodded. As she ran out of the room, Emily offered them a seat.
"Never knew what happened to her parents and was taken by the Empire. She didn't like it and when the rebels went in for a mission, she jumped on one of the ships. She was careful, checking for trackers on her uniform and the crates. She actually helped us once because one of the food crates we stole had a tracker on it and hid it on one of the Imperials."
Sabine laughed. Emily looked at her, confused. "It's kinda what happened with us and Ezra. We were on a mission and he had stolen one of our crates. He was getting shot at by TIESs and well." She shrugged. Emily chuckled. "That does sound like him. Anyways, he's on Garel right now. He should be back in a few days I guess. You can stay here if you want." Kanan shook his head. "It's fine, we can stay on the Ghost." She nodded. "So," Sabine started, "We should be going." Emily nodded. "Of course. It's late."

__________________________
As they say their goodbyes, Kanan feels something through the Force. "Emily?"
"Yes?"
"Are you, are you force sensitive." She looks down. "Well, not exactly. I use it only if I have to and other than that, I never use it." Kanan nods. "I should get going."
Sabine's POV:
Before we went back to the Ghost, we went over to Joe's to say hi. As we sat down, a male came up to us. He has brown, un-cut hair pulled back into a ponytail. He was tall and has a deep voice. "May I take your order?" He asked. Kanan shook his head. "No thanks, we're just here to say hi to somebody." The man nodded. "If you do want anything, just call me over" I nodded and smiled. "Of course." Not long after he left, a fight broke out.

Note: this contains fighting, but it doesn't go into detail, and blood ( only a little)

Kanan's POV:
As soon as the fight broke out, the man who tried to take our order, tried to break it up. Hence on the word try. "Now, guys. We can't have another fight, now can we? We just cleaned up the mess from last night!" He said, trying to separate the two men. A man who was rather tall, and strong, and pushed him away. He fell into the counter and fell on glass, cutting his arm in the process. Even though it isn't bright, I could see two marks below his left eye. "It can't be," I mumble. Zeb and Sabine look at me. "Kanan, what's wrong?" She asks, confused on what's going on. The man gets up and walks toward the two men who are fighting. " Ok. I tried being nice, but you leave me no choice." He says, ready for a fight. The man who pushed him onto the glass glares at him. "This isn't your fight, Bridger." Ezra yells and attracts both of them, easily getting them to the ground. I stand up. "Ezra!" He looks up. Sabine and Zeb stare in amazement, happy to see that he is ok, but Ezra looks the exact opposite. He looks down at the men, "Out, now!" They push Ezra off of them and walk towards the door. After they leave, Ezra looks at us. "I recommend you do the same." He growls, turning away from us. Zeb steps forward. "Kid-" He turns and points at me, then Sabine, then Zeb. "I don't want to hear excuses. I don't want to go back. I'm just fine here. Now, get. OUT!" He yells, but as he does, the arm that was cut, drops and he grabs it in pain. I step forward. "Ezra, are you-" But he walks away, gone before I could say another word.

Ezra's POV:

As I walked out, my arm against my chest, I felt tears run down my cheeks. I got halfway to my tower, where I stayed after my parents were killed, until I met the Ghost crew, when I felt something.... Off. Even though I still used the Force, I only used it to get away or sense danger. As I started looking around for it, I started thinking back to the fight that happened not so long ago. Sabine was the only one who looked different. I chuckled. She was always changing her armor or hair color. Kanan and Zeb looked older. While I was thinking about Hera and Chopper, who was probably the only one who would probably never change, I never saw the humanoids and aliens run past me, screaming in fear. It was too late for me to run with them. Before I knew it, I was thrown off my feet, hitting a building, hard, and blacking out.

Kanan's POV:

Not long after we left, we heard a bomb explode. Sabine, Zeb, and I looked at each other before we ran off in that direction. As we reached where the bomb had exploded, we quickly searched for survivors. As we were looking, Hera contacted me through the COM. "Kanan, I heard the explosion from here, what was it? Where are Sabine and Zeb? Are you alright?" She asks, worried and panic obvious in her voice. "Were fine Hera. Sabine and Zeb are with me and were looking for anybody who survived the bomb. We don't exactly know who did it, probably the Empire...." I began to trail off when I saw a mess of blue hair. My eyes widened. "Hera, I going to have to call you back." I said in a rush. I didn't hear what she said after that. I called Sabine and Zeb over. I quickly ran over to Ezra, hoping he was still alive. I kneeled beside the boy, the same feeling I had when I thought I had lost him while fighting the Inquisitor. As Sabine and Zeb reached to where I was, their faces turned to panic and horror. As I told Sabine to contact Hera, I couldn't even hear my own voice. All I could hear was me hoping Ezra was still alive. Zeb says something I can't hear, but my head is shaking, hot tears began to stream down my face. I bend over Ezra, shaking. As I put my ear to his chest, my heart drops, no beating. No steady beat of the young energetic teen I used to know. But then, I hear the steady thump, thump, thump of Ezra's heart.