Chapter 6: Bounty Hunters

AS-0715/ Beroya's POV:

"Bridger is coming your way, AS-0715." I get my blaster ready, putting it to stun while waiting on that Loth-rat. When I hear footsteps, I ready my blaster. When I see a mop of blue hair, I stun him, right as he grabs his blaster. As he falls to the ground, his blaster falls with him. I smirk. "I'm going to get a very nice price for you, Bridger. Very nice price. AS-0213, I have Bridger. Contact the Empire." As I lift him up, I hear talking behind me. "We need to check on him. He hasn't called." "Yeah but...ZEB LOOK OUT!" As I try to stun the Lasat, the Mandalorian pushes him out of the way. She pulls out her hidden blaster, she tries to stun me. As the Lasat pulls out a concealed blaster, he doesn't change it to stun. As he tries to shoot me, the Mandalorian slaps him. "Zeb, she has Ezra!" I smile, "Yes, you wouldn't want to kill your own crewmate, now would you?" I start to back up when I hear the ding of an elevator. "Now, either you let me go, or your little friend dies!" The two share a glance and lower their blasters. "Very good. Now, if you excuse me," I slide into the elevator and as it goes up, I contact AS-0713. "Have you contacted the Empire?" "No, I couldn't get a signal. I could try again once I get back on the ship-" "No. I will. I'll meet you up there." I sigh. As the doors open, mumbling "That girl can't do anything right." I exit the elevator. As I exit the hotel and enter my ship, I take the boy to the med-bay. I lay him on the table, and inject him with the syringe. "There, that should keep you asleep until the Empire comes for you." I pick up my COM. "AS-0713, where are you?"

"Almost there, boss."

"Well hurry up. Have you contacted the Empire?"
"No. I couldn't get them."

"Fine. I will."
I put down my COM and go into the hull. "AS-0715 to the Empire, come in Empire." After a few seconds of silence, I hear the COM buzz. "AS-0715, this is the Empire, do you have the boy?" I smiled and chuckled. "Of course I do. What were you doubting me?" I say in a hurt tone, then I laugh. "Of course not, AS-0715. Come to the coordinates we are sending now." The control beeps and I enter the coordinates. "I got 'em. I'll see you there." As I end the transmission, Stella runs into the ship. "Hey, Beroya, sorry I took so long."

"It's fine. Make sure Bridger is still asleep." As she leaves, I ready the ship for take-off. We leave Spira's atmosphere and I enter hyperspace.

3rd Person POV:

"Kanan, Hera!" Sabine yells into the COM, running to the dining hall with Zeb. "They took Ezra!" As Sabine and Zeb near the dining hall, before they even enter, they run into Hera and Kanan, literally. As everybody gets up, rubbing their heads, once Kanan and Hera get their senses back, they start to question Sabine. "QUITE!" Everybody looks at Hera, surprised by her sudden outburst. "Ok, thank you. Now, Sabine, who took Ezra?" Sabine put her hand to her forehead, trying to think. "I...I don't know. It looked like a bounty hunter. Zeb?" As he shook his head, Chopper came through Sabine's COM, frantically beeping. "What do you mean you know where Ezra is? We haven't even told you!" The second Chopper beeps back a reply, they all start running to their rooms, changing, and running to the Ghost. As Hera sets off, setting the coordinates to the middle of nowhere, hopping Chopper was right. As she entered hyperspace, she called everybody to the commons. "Alright, Chopper, show us the holo." As Chopper beeped, saying there was two, Hera said to play the first one. A female, human, not much younger than Sabine, spoke. "This is SS-871. The rebel from Phoenix squadron will be taken to the Star Destroyer called Lawbringer in the middle of nowhere in space. Coordinates to this place will be sent now." When the message ended, Hera smiled. "That was an undercover spy for the rebellion. She was placed as an undercover bounty hunter who would capture rebels for the Empire. Looks like she was with whoever captured Ezra. Chopper, play the next one. "This is Fulcrum. I'm reporting that the rebel Bridger was captured by the bounty hunters Beroya and Stella Luceat. They will be here shortly. Fulcrum out."  Sabine snickered. Everybody turned and looked at her, confused. "In Mando'a Beroya literally means bounty hunter. Either she had parents who were bounty hunters and named her that or she changed it."

"Well, thank you for the language lesson, Sabine, but we need to make a plan," Hera said, looking at Sabine for the first part, then at Kanan for the second part. As Kanan sat down, he already started thinking of a plan. "Sabine and Zeb, create a distraction while Chopper locates Ezra and I can get to him." As Sabine and Zeb nodded, the alarm started to go off. "We're here." As Sabine went to get her bombs and spray paint, Zeb, Chopper, and Kanan went to the airlock. When it opens, Sabine, Zeb, Kanan, and Chopper are met with 2 stormtroopers. "What the-" But before he can finish, Zeb bashes their two helmets together. "Come on, let's hurry." As they run to find Ezra, they didn't realize that one of the troopers wasn't unconscious yet. When Chopper found where Ezra was, the alarm of the ship went off. "How do they know we're here? We haven't even been here 5 minutes!" Sabine yells, following Kanan to Ezra's cell. "I don't know, but now we definitely have to hurry," Kanan replies. As they turn the corner, they stop, for they were now cornered by troopers. They turn around, but more troopers rush in from behind. "Kanan.." Sabine whispers, worried. As Kanan reaches for his lightsaber, he mumbles, "Blast. I forgot that I stopped carrying my lightsaber." Zeb and Sabine look at each other. "Well, well, well, look what we have here! 3 rebels and a droid. Amazing! 4 rebels in one day!" Kallus comes from behind the troopers. "Your little...friend has not been helpful, maybe you three can. Run through the droids files, I want to see what he is hiding," Chopper makes a disgruntled beep. "And for the three rebels, lock each of them in a different cell. When the rebellion comes to try and save them, it will be a little bit harder to gather these three up. Now!" As Kanan, Sabine, and Zeb are stripped of their weapons, the troopers power down Chopper. As they are separated, Zeb and Sabine are only by 3 cells. Kanan is put in a cell in the next level. Later that day, Kanan hears screams coming from the next cell. "Wait," Kanan recognizes the screams. "Ezra!" He runs to the wall. "Ezra!" Kanan beats on the wall. "What are you doing to him. Ezra! Ezra, can you hear me." Kanan's only response is more heart-wrenching screams. The next day, Kanan's cell is opened. There, standing in the doorway is a rebel soldier. "Kanan Jarrus." As Kanan gets up, the rebel throws him his blaster. "Thanks. We have to find Ezra." The rebel nods and leads the way. When they enter Ezra's cell, Kanan stops dead center. Ezra lays on the ground, unable to move from the torture from the past days. As Kanan puts his arm over his shoulder, Ezra whimpers and groans. "Sorry kid." Kanan carries him in a more bridle style, and the three of them run to the ship. When they enter, Kanan sees the rest of his crew. He carries Ezra to the med bay, Hera follows. Kanan lays him down on the bed and Hera sets up the machines. Kanan walks to the other side of Ezra, crouching beside him. "It will be okay Ezra. Everything is going to be okay now..."