Chapter 2: What if it is Him?

Present day: 4 Years after Ezra disappeared: Hera's POV
As I fall back into my chair, I sigh, thinking how hard it will be to tell the rest what kind of mission we have. I had just gotten off the COM with Ahsoka, who had a mission for us on Lothal. I knew the others wouldn't like it because the only time we had been on Lothal was looking for Ezra after he ran off. We all knew what Kanan had said.
Kanan wouldn't come out of his room, and when he did, he looked awful. He never ate, he never combed his hair, and it wasn't in its usual ponytail anymore. He searched for months after Ezra disappeared. He tried to find him through the Force, but he said Ezra had completely severed the connection between them. It was hard the year after Ezra disappeared. No sarcastic, energetic, teenager around. It got quiet. I set course for Lothal. We were to meet a contact in Capital City. After we were in hyperspace, I called everybody into the commons. Sabine was the first one to enter, then Zeb and chopper. It was weird that they weren't bickering or fighting. That was also one of the things that didn't happen around the Ghost anymore. Kanan was the last one to enter. He also doesn't carry his lightsaber.
When everybody is gathered, I speak. "Ahsoka gave us a mission to meet a contact on Lothal. Since we know the planet best, she assigned us to go." Everybody sneaks a glance at Kanan. He just sits there, staring into space. I sigh. "She has asked me multiple times to go there before now, and I turned down each one. But the contact says they will only meet with us." Kanan suddenly gets up and walks out.
Sabine and Zeb give me worried glances and I follow Kanan. I stop him before he goes into his room. "Kanan, I have turned down this mission for months now. The contact says that they will only meet with us! You know sooner or later we would have to go back to Lothal." He sighs. He speaks so softly, I barely hear him. "I know...." I hug him. "Love, I know what happened between you and Ezra wasn't so great, but-" As I pull back, the alarm goes off, meaning that we're about to exit hyperspace. I look at Kanan. "Come on" While I go to the cockpit to land us on near Capital City, Kanan goes to the loading bay with the rest. "Alright. Good luck. Don't go looking for trouble. The contact should be somewhere in Capital City."
___________________________
Capital City, Lothal: Sabine's POV
It takes a while to find the contact. When we do, we have to stay awhile because a storm surprised us. It was pouring outside with thunder so close, you could feel it. "So," I spoke up, trying to ease the awkwardness between us. "What is your name?" She looks up from her blaster, which she was playing with. "Stella. And yours?" "I'm Sabine." I wave my hands toward Kanan and Zeb. "That's Kanan and that's Zeb. How long have you been with the rebellion."
She sighs. "Not a long time. Silver is the one who introduced me to the rebellion. They kinda saved me when I was younger, so I stayed with them until I joined the rebellion." Even though neither Zeb or Kanan were listening, I could tell their interest was picking up. "Silver?" I questioned. Stella nodded.
___________________________
Kanan's POV:
My interest picked up when Stella mentioned the contact. Stella nodded. "Yeah, when they were younger, their parents were killed. They stayed on their homeworld for a while. Silver disappeared about five or six years ago and so I lost contact with them. They started contacting me I think four years ago? I can't remember the exact date. I feel like I'm forgetting something."
After a few minutes, Stella bursts out. "Oh, yes! My contact would like to meet up with you here on Lothal tomorrow!" She gives us the coordinates for where we were going to meet them and we all look at each other, confused. The rain stops. "See you later!"
As she leaves, Zeb looks at me. "Hey, boss, what if the contact is, Ezra?" My eyes widen in surprise. I shake my head. "It couldn't be." Sabine pipes up. "Well. She said that Silver's parents were killed. Ezra's were too. And they stayed on their home planet afterward. And they just left once Ezra joined and turning up four years ago when Ezra left? It has to be him!" As I consider the thought, I start to think that they are right.