Eno

I ran my feet through the green smooth grass. The wind is blowing my hair every way possible. Jake's arm is wrapped around my shoulders. The sun is setting of the blue lake.

Everything is perfect...or is it?

"Stop fretting Acid. You did the right thing." Jake soothes me.

"B-B-But I left the Brunettes behind...they could go through the Trials. I-I could never wish that u-upon anyone. I just can't get those things out of my head. I felt strong. But I am breaking knowing that everyone could go through that."

I feel Jake rub my shoulder. "We will be where we need to be soon. I promise that things will get better when we are there."

"But I can't handle the pain. It is overwhelming...too overwhelming for me." I pull my knees to my chest.

"Stop it! You are strong...stronger than you know. But the pain will fade. You'll feel better...eventually. And I'll always be here so you will get better." Jake stands, offering me a hand. "Come on, lets move on some more. We will get there faster."

"O-O-Okay...but I just need to rest." I lay back on the ground. "I am so tired Jake. I want it all to just...stop for a bit."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I just want to have some relax time. I feel so rushed."

Jake sits back next to me, "It is fine with me. I could relax with you all the time. I just...you already are asleep."

I nodded, leaning against  his shoulder. I fell asleep to the gentle rhythm of his beating heart.
----
I open my eyes. I am moving. How am I moving?

"Morning sunshine."

"Why are you carrying me?"

"You've been sleeping for too long...I didn't wanna wake you...so I kinda just picked you up...is that okay?"

"Yea I just would've rather you woken me up." I sigh, nuzzling into the corner of his arm. "But I'm kinda happy you didn't. It shows how sweet you are."

"Aww...shut up."

"Hey that was-"

"No I mean it. Shut up!" He hisses.

Silence sets around...then I hear it. It's an inhuman panting. Almost like a giant beast. "Remain still, I am going to set you down slowly. Then I will go and see what it is. I do not want it hurt you."

He gently and slowly lowers me to the ground. I hold my breath, scarcely letting air in. He slowly rises and turns so his back is facing me. The bushes shake.

Out comes a paw. A small tiny paw...then a bigger paw next to it. From the bush comes two dog looking creatures. I think they are called a wolf. The bigger wolf has a huge wound in its side and it is the source of the panting.

"Jake move!" I growl, pushing him out of my way.

I crawl toward them on my belly, letting them know I am no threat. The adult wolf accepts it and comes right up to my face. Then she scoots the smaller wolf towards me. I think it must be a mother and a pup.

The mother lies down, nudging the pup straight into my arms. I make eye contact with her and she shuts her eyes. I know already what is happening. The wound in her side is too deep to heal. But I cannot take care of a pup! But I have to.

"It's okay...I'll take care of her." I whisper, stroking the wolf's fur. Her eyes shut and she slows her breathing down to s gentle rise and fall of her chest. The pup yelps out but I restrain it.

"Little one, I know it will be hard, but I'll watch over you. Somehow, your mother wanted me to." The mom has stopped breathing by now.

I sit cross legged with the pup in my arms. The pup calms down, laying in my lap. "I am going to call you...Baron. After the warrior hero I used to read about in my books."

The pup makes a whimpering sound, "It'll be okay Baron....you are a boy aren't you? A pretty little boy." I coo.

"How can you tell that thing is a boy?" Jake laughs.

"You look you idiot. How else?" I groan.

The wolf pup yaps at me and wags it's fluffy tail. It jumps out of my lap, running in a circle. I look at the mother. "Maybe we should leave." I say.

"Agreed. But are we bring that-"

"Firstly, it's a wolf. Secondly, we are bringing it."

Jake groans and waves his hand at me. "Come on then. We shouldn't dilly dally."

"K. Come on Baron." I stand up and pat my leg. Baron refuses and sits where he is.

"Do I have to carry you?" Baron barks at me.

I reach down and pick up the little wolf. He isn't too heavy...for now. If he gets as big as his mom, he will have to learn how to walk.

"I wuv you so much Baron!" I say, nuzzling him.

"Stop the romance!"

"Oh come on! Let's get going." Jake growls.

I run up to Jake, cradling Baron. Jake looks at Baron and then looks away. We walk out in silence. I know we are getting close to our target. I can feel it.
----
AAAAAH THE FIRST OF THE SECOND BOOK! BOOM! I AM SOOOO HAPPY!

Vote, comment, and follow

Stay beautiful <3

The Struggle (2nd Book of Life Button series) जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें