Net

I sit next to Cadmar, on two different seats. People came in, asked a question, and then left. Almost like he was a king and I was a queen. Wait! I mean I wouldn't wanna be his queen! It just seems like it!

"Next." Cadmar says, keeping his eyes steady.

A girl with bright magenta hair and bright violet eyes steps up to us. "This is the new second I suppose. I need to speak with her, not you Cadmar. All respect due but I'd rather have a lady's decision." She looks at me. "What do you do if there are two men fighting over you?"

I bite my lip, "Follow your heart. It will know who to choose."

She smiles, "Thank you Second!"

"You're welcome."

She walks out and Cadmar glances at me. "Is that your advice? If two guys were to fight over you, is that what you would do?"

"Yes. My heart knows the way better than my mind. My mind likes to think too much."

"Mine does too. Sometimes, I don't believe I have a heart."

"You have a heart. It's in there."

"Where? Somewhere over the....bushes or something? Did I lose it?"

I stand up and turn to him, "No! It's right here." I place my hand over his heart. He blushes bright red.

"Someone is coming in. Please sit back down." He coughs.

I jump back and trip over my own feet. My feet twist up as I try to make myself sit and I end up falling over. Cadmar is sitting there laughing. I'd be laughing too if I couldn't see who it was who just walked in.

"You want this idiotic clumsy moron over me?" Athena growls.

"Anytime Athena. You don't know how much better she is at her job than you ever were. So much more helpful."

"By falling out of chairs?"

"No. By giving info and actually being nice and friendly, even becoming friends with the guys." Cadmar smiles, "You don't know anything about friendship, now do you Athena?"

"Of course I do! Why don't you come in now baby Boo?" She coos.

I tense up at the sight of him. His stupid betraying blue hair! His different colored eyes with those stupid looks. I never wanna talk to him again. "Hello." I say coldly.

"I have a question for the Second." Jake says, staring directly at me, making me uncomfortable.

Cadmar growls, "Quickly. Do it now."

"Why did you make me the Out?"

"You deserve it."

He ducks his head, averting his eyes, "I miss you Acid."

"There is no Acid. I am Ethel." I growl, "I answered your question. Next!"

"But-"

"No! Let's go Jake. We are clearly not wanted here." Athena scoffs.

"That is the first smart thing I've heard you say." I say to Athena.

She growls and leads Jake out. Cadmar smirks at me, "Nice one."

I blush, "Thanks."

A man with platinum hair and an eyepatch walks in. "Hey there Cadmar."

"Hello Berg."

"What a beautiful day it is I must say. Now I have a question for the new second." He gives me a toothy smile. "You wanna date me gorgeous gal?"

I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks. "No thanks. I don't date strays."

Berg laughs, "Even a great sense of humor. Damion did tell me-"

"What did he tell you?"

"A nice girl moved in with you guys and he think I would love to meet her. And that she is the new Second. She also made that one boy the Out. I find that funny."

"Get out if you don't have any real official business Berg."

"I'm here on a mission. Some mischief to cause. I'm wondering if he's told you how the town and everything became go be. Well how he and the Boys came to be in charge here at least?"

"No...why is that any of my business?" I growl.

"Because you should know if you're living with them. Damion sent me because he knows that you'd shut him up immediately. You can shut me up too Cadmar. Just say the word."

Cadmar ducks his head, "Why don't you shut up Berg?!?" I growl, standing up from my chair.

He looks shocked, right at me. We make eye contact and he cowers back, "How? How could she do that Cadmar?"

Cadmar looks at me in awe. "You are something strange, aren't you?"

I sit back down, "I don't know what you mean."
------
Something strange huh? Something maybe even a little magical huh?

I have something I should tell you guys. The first book in this series was really to let you know how smart and cunning and just brilliant the girl, Ethel/Acid, is. It was also to show her back story, which you will definitely learn more about in here. In this book, you'll see the more emotional side of her. And find some secrets about her and along with the rest of the Guys. (If you don't know who the Guys are, they are all the guys she is living with :)

Xavier at the top guys! :)

Vote, comment, and follow

Stay beautiful<3