How I've recovered from depression(somewhat)

Since I talked about me having depression in the past, I never actually talked about how I got over it until now. It might help you, it might not but I hope it will.

After my girlfriend's death, I've been thinking of cutting myself for a while and grabbed what I thought was a knife and ran it across my arm...only to find out that I used the marker that was next to the knife I intended to grab. After seeing the mark I made, it helped me realize something. You make something from the pain and so whenever I felt more depressed than usual, I use the marker to "cut" myself and even though I washed it off a year ago, I thought I would draw it to give you a idea of what it was.

 You make something from the pain and so whenever I felt more depressed than usual, I use the marker to "cut" myself and even though I washed it off a year ago, I thought I would draw it to give you a idea of what it was

Isabella may be the one to inspire me to start drawing but it was depression and a happy accident that kept me drawing to this very day. It also helped me with my nightmares, putting them in drawings as a way of trapping them like spongebob did to his evil drawing.This topic reminded me of what a fellow writer said about depression, it could drown us like a ocean and even though I'm not out of the ocean, at least I can swim and deal with what's under the sea. Thanks fellow writer! AM out!