Not "Imagine Charlie" 0.9

I must have dozed off. When I wake up, the sun is setting, the TV has been switched off and Charlie's body is no longer wrapped around mine. He is now stretched out along the couch, with his hands and face pressed against my belly, still snoring softly. I reach down and run my fingers through his medium length hair, falling just over his eyebrows.

"My babies," I whisper. "All three of you." I giggle. Charlie stirs against me in protest and I immediately stop.

I force myself to be as quiet and still as possible. Charlie is a really light sleeper. I start to think about the past two days. I'm pregnant with twins, Charlie is home, and I am in a state of absolute bliss right now. Except for that one small thing, Charlie is keeping something from me... It's killing me. I want to know what it is. Charlie's beard rubbing back and forth across my belly interrupts my thoughts. I look down and his bright blue eyes and dazzling smile greet me. I smile back sheepishly.

"I'm really happy to be home, with all of you," Charlie says and nuzzles my belly.

I smile. "I'm glad you're home too." I continue playing with his hair.

He kisses my belly and stands. "Bathroom, be right back," he says and winks at me, making his way to the bathroom. Pervert.

I look down at my belly and press my hands firmly against my skin. I know better than to expect to feel anything this early in the pregnancy but it's so exciting. A ringing at my right hip interrupts my thoughts. I dig into the fold of the couch and pull out the house phone. It's a number I don't recognize.

"Babe!" I yell towards the bathroom. "The phone!" but he doesn't answer.

"He never pays attention to me when he should," I mutter under my breath, I roll my eyes and answer the phone. "Hello," I greet cautiously.

A man's voice comes through the phone. "Hello. Uh... is Charlie there?" he asks.

"Yes... May I ask who I'm speaking to?"

"It's Jason Vega," Oh, I remember meeting him at a few of Charlie's events.

"Jason! It's Adelynn!" I reply with a smile on my face.

"Adelynn! I didn't even recognize your voice. I'm sorry, love."

I laugh, "It's totally cool, I didn't either. What's up?"

"Oh, nothing really," he sighs. "Charlie pulling out after production had already started, kind of threw things off down here, you know?" My smile instantly fades. I'm assuming he thinks Charlie told me, because we tell each other everything. Or so I thought... Focus!

"Yeah, I know. Must be crazy down there," I say, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Yeah. Well listen, we need his official address to send all his stuff back. There's like three listed here, and I need the correct one so I don't ship his stuff to worlds unknown," Jason chuckles to himself.

I quickly give him the address and we hang up.

Charlie comes jogging down the stairs. I hadn't even noticed that he went up.

"Sorry darling, my mom called me on my cell phone. You know how conversations are with her," He laughs. "I was thinking we could go out for dinner tonight... Celebrate?"

"So, when were you planning on telling me that the show wasn't cancelled?" I ask. His body stills and the blood drains from his face. "Jason called," I say, by way of explanation to the information he held back.

He walks away from the stairs and stops at the armrest of the couch. He runs his fingers through his hair and leans over, settling his hands on the armrest.