Not "Imagine Charlie" 1.3

Trigger Warning – Talk of drug use.

A deafening ringing fills my ears. Shit, I forgot to turn off the alarm system. I throw Theo's keys back into the drawer and punch in the code to turn the alarm off as fast as I can. I turn back to the door and Aspen is staring at me. Aspen is standing in front of me. On my porch. My jaw starts to ache and I realize that I'm gritting my teeth. I blink a few times and ease my teeth off each other.

Aspen tilts her head slightly and examines me. She looks at me like she knows me. "I didn't realize Charlie had company," she says and looks me up and down. Judging, no doubt.

"Excuse me?" I scoff, disbelieving what I'm hearing.

"I didn't mean to offend you, love. Just... last time I spoke to Charlie, he didn't talk much about you." She grins mischievously.

"Yet...you know enough to know who I am, obviously," I say and wave my hand in her general direction.

"I know, you know, who I am," she snarls back.

"Unfortunately, yes."

"Regardless, I came to see my friend." She turns around and picks up a mini suitcase. Turning back she steps forward, her intent very clear, to walk into the house.

"Stop!" I say, raising my voice and my hand, stopping her in her tracks. "Did you really think I'd just let you walk past me and into the house?" I feel my eyebrows closely knit together. Has she lost her mind? 

"Yes," she says and smiles. She clearly has lost it. "This is my friend's house. If I'm not mistaken, I–"

I cut her off.

"You are mistaken actually. First off, this is not just Charlie's house, it's my house as well. So if I don't want you here, here is where you will not be. Secondly, Charlie being your friend is another thing you are mistaken about. He is not, nor does he want to be, your friend." I use air quotes. Just for the emphasis.

"Judging by your hostility towards me, I'm guessing you know about the kiss." She tilts her head, smiling.

Bitch.

"Yes, I know. Even if I didn't, what would make you think I'd just let you into my home?" I cross my arms.

"Charlie always told me, 'mi casa, es su casa'."

Stupid bitch. I feel like leaning forward and slicing her carotid artery.

"As I said before, this is no longer just Charlie's home. I don't want you inside, so inside is where you won't be." She stays quiet, finally. Her left hand fidgets with the handle of her suitcase. I look at it quizzically. "Were you expecting to stay over?"

Her hand freezes, clasping the handle tightly and she takes a step back. "No, I didn't."

"Then what's in the suitcase? It's obviously for traveling, and surely you didn't walk from New Zealand." I lean against the door frame. My foot is starting to hurt. Wait... "What are you even doing here?" I ask tentatively.

"I get a break every once in a while, too. Its not only the actors, ya know?"

"Obviously, but that's not what I'm asking, and you know it. What are you doing coming here? Charlie and you haven't been close for years, and you've obviously been at the airport recently. Why is this your first stop? Knowing that I'm here, may I add. Are you just trying to get a rise out of me? Cause trouble between us? Because it's not going to happen. Tell me what you want, what you came for, or I'm closing the door. Now," I demand.