Not "Imagine Charlie" 1.4

Saturday morning came and went. Charlie and I went food shopping, mainly because he eats like a horse, and being pregnant, I'm beginning to crave all sorts of things. I want black olives, green peppers, white chocolate chip macadamia cookies from subway, Snapple iced tea, tuna and the little cubes of cheddar and jack cheese. I find it funny how my symptoms change from day to day. My stomach feels like it's gotten firmer over night, which means I'll most definitely start showing soon.

When we get back home, my foot finally feels a little better. Enough to not wear the hideous crocs that should become extinct. I throw myself on the couch and prop my feet up on the armrest. The nail polish I had on is starting to chip. I need a serious pedicure. Charlie joins me and has a goofy grin plastered across his face. Someone is in a good mood. His grin is ridiculously infectious.

"What is it?" I ask, laughing slightly.

"I don't know," he says and shrugs, still smiling. "I'm just in a really good mood."

"I have that effect on people," I wink and playfully toss my hair over my shoulder. Charlie gapes at me, no doubt calling me cocky in his head, and lowers his body onto mine. "Charlie... What are you doing?" I ask and his grin widens further.

Charlie grabs my wrists and raises my hands, pinning them to the armrest above my head. He holds both wrists in his left hand, and using his right hand to push my hair back. I watch as his hand continues to lazily skim down my jaw, my neck, over my collarbones, between my breasts, down my torso and stops just above my bellybutton.  I look up at Charlie and he runs his tongue between his teeth. His hand moves up slightly and stops at my rib cage. He leans down and trails kisses over my cheeks, down my jaw and down my neck. His hand kind of curves and I can tell that Charlie isn't about to reach underneath my shirt. He softly starts tickling me and chuckles when I try to pull my wrists from his grasp.

"Charlie!" I squeal. "Oh my goodness, let me go!" I laugh but try to wiggle my wrists free in protest. To no avail, he continues the torture and laughs along with me. "Okay, okay! I give in!" I squeal over and over.

"What are you giving in to, darling?" he asks and licks his lips.

"I don't know, but please stop," I say breathlessly.

Charlie leans down and kisses me softly. "Relax baby, I just wanted to hear your laugh." He releases my wrists, and sits up, pulling me onto his lap.

"A simple joke would have sufficed." I tease, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Your laugh could make people all over the world fall in love, Adelynn."

I'm seriously blushing right now. Charlie is beyond smooth with his words. "Stop."

He chuckles and wraps his arms around me, cradling me to his chest. "I was thinking we could go out for a late lunch or early dinner, just get out of the house."

I look up at Charlie and he's biting his lip. His adorable nervous habit, but I know why he's nervous. Most nights that Charlie and I tried to have out, just to have a meal, we were bombarded with fans. At the time we were in the city, not in Jersey, so that was probably a poor decision on our part, but jeez, we like to leave the house too.

"Okay," I say simply.

"Yeah?" Charlie asks, clearly surprised by my agreeing.

"Yes, Charlie. We have to escape our bubble at some point or another. You know, somewhere that doesn't include the supermarket or our jobs."

"You're right," Charlie says and kisses my forehead. "Go get ready."

"Right now?" I thought he meant later on, or tomorrow even.