preschool

AGE FOUR

yoongi's mother drags her half-asleep son into his new classroom, muttering things like "are you excited little yoongi?!" and "you're going to have so much fun!"

yoongi only yawns in reply, rubbing his half-lidded eyes. his little body was almost completely enveloped in a thick, blue coat so long it nearly reached his toes; he was practically swimming in the cerulean wool.

his mother squeezes his small hand tightly as they go through the glass-paned doors and strut straight toward the teacher, who is finishing up talking to another set of parents.

the two wait a few seconds before the teacher gives them her full attention. she is a very young woman, probably youthful enough to still be called a 'girl.' she had straight, dark hair tied up in a simple bun, with wisps of black hair framing her delicate face.

"hello," his mother greets kindly, "i'm min yoonji, and this is my son yoongi. can you say hi yoongi?"

"ugh," yoongi mutters in response, close to falling asleep on the floor.

"hello! it's nice to met you, please, call me miss joohyun" his teacher says and smiles at the sleepy boy. "how about you talk to namjoon while me and your mother talk, yoongi?"

yoongi doesn't refuse the suggestion, so he's quickly pushed into a corner of the classroom, where another boy is playing around.

the boy towered over yoongi, much taller than the small child yoongi was. his skin was caramel, fairly tanned in contrast to yoongi's snowflake skin. the boy's hair was short and dark, covered up with a yellow jacket that hung on him like an old bathtub curtain. he was tightly hugging a lion-like plush animal, carrying it like it was his own precious child.

it was a strange sight, a boy like this being attached to a stuffed toy. but yoongi honestly didn't care.

"ohm, hi," the stranger says as he notices yoongi staring dully at him.

there was a few moments of awkward silence. the two boys just stared at each other, yoongi's uninterested eyes staring into the boy's soul with the most judgmental and careless glint in his gaze.

soon, the quiet was finally broken. "what is that," yoongi asks tiredly, pointing to the stuffed toy.

"this is ryan! he's a lion!" the boy says with delight and hugs the toy to his chest lovingly. "i love him!"

yoongi blinks a few times.

it takes him extreme self control not to pry the plush ryan away from the boy's hands and throw it across the room. he didn't understand why this boy was so emotionally attached to this... ryan.

yoongi says nothing, before dropping to the floor and lying down. "i'm sleep," yoongi says sluggishly and shuts his eyes.

the boy scrunches up his nose. "you're name's sleep? i wish my name was sleep. i'm just namjoon."

yoongi's too tired to reply and curls up into a small ball, squeezing his eyes shut and trying his best to ignore his surroundings. truth is, yoongi isn't really all interested in talking or being friends with anyone. he just wants to find a quiet spot of the classroom and nap for about a year.

for you. yoonseokOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara