perfect

AGE THIRTEEN

yoongi doesn't care about some new transfer student. at least that's what he keeps telling himself anyway.

everyone keeps gossiping about how attractive and pleasant he is, to which yoongi, again, does not care about. he also happens to be in yoongi's classes, which meant he would be seeing him often.

he finds the new student decent-looking. his dark, midnight hair falls effortlessly into his bewitching features and lightly-rimmed glasses shine against his delicate eyes. his lips are plump and a blossom pink, contrasting against his peachy skin. he was tiny, a cute petite boy and everyone gazed at him with wide, wonderful eyes.

his presence still displeases yoongi. he doesn't understand the appeal.

jimin's ravishing eyes skim the room lightly, the corners of his mouth lifting a bit as he notices hoseok's overwhelmingly giant smile.

"jimin, would you care to introduce yourself."

jimin nods. "hello, i am park jimin!" he says, "please take care of me!"

ugh. thinks yoongi. even his voice is charismatic.

"hoseok, our friendliest student, would you mind helping jimin out today?"

yoongi rolls his eyes in irritation. jimin doesn't need help. he's not a child.

"of course!" exclaims hoseok, beaming in evident enthusiasm.

he peers up at jimin, who shyly waves. jimin carefully walks through the desks, traveling briskly to the unacquainted seat next to hoseok. he sits down, setting his perfect pile of perfectly organized books onto his desk with a light thump.

hoseok is astonished by the neatly arrangment of journals and textbooks, gazing up at jimin with his mouth in an o-shape. the new boy giggles, whispering "glad you appreciate my organization."

yoongi is appalled. who gave jimin the right to talk to hoseok? jimin needs to stay in his lane before i kick him.

yoongi's firery gaze burned into the back of jimin's skull for the remainder of class.

running, running running. something yoongi surely hates to do.

to his luck, hoseok would usually sacrifice his lead to jog in the back with yoongi, keeping him company during the tedious hours of gym class.

but not this time, no. of course not.

why?

park fucking jimin. that's why.

turns out jimin was highly involved in dancing, which happened to be hoseok's favorite thing to do besides being with yoongi. (or at least, that's what yoongi thought.) jimin and hoseok instantly bond, their compatible personalities flawlessly fitting together like a perfect puzzle piece of friendship. ugh.

jimin also happened to be a moderately speedy boy, passing yoongi in a seconds as the laps started. hoseok runs with him, using his running talents he had never exposed before to catch up with the new boy and talk with him.

sometimes yoongi feels like a burden. just an annoying gnat in hoseok's eyesight, restlessly buzzing and buzzing away, waiting for that desired attention. he had never felt that way more than now, watching hoseok's effortless strides and elegance as he runs. hoseok had never even bothered to run this fast before and the way he did it was strangely balletic and agile.