1

Jeremy didn't know what to think when he took the pill. He thought it was instantly going to work, but that's not how these things work. It takes time. 

But he can say when it did work, he didn't expect his squip to be a freaking dork. 

He expected his squip to be all 'high and mighty'. But no. Of course, Jeremy's squip was an adorable dork.
When Jeremy calls him adorable, that doesn't mean that he's attracted to him. No, he called Squip adorable in the kind of way you would call your baby brother or sister. 

So, you can imagine his confusion when a small, male teenager with floppy wavy blue hair and a crop top with baggy jeans, appeared.
"'Sup?" Was the first thing he asked.

Jeremy groaned and banged his head on the table. Squip tilted his head.

"Are we doing this now? Okay?" And then proceeded to bang his head on the table with Jeremy. 

"Why me?" Jeremy said with a defeated sigh. 

"Because you took the pill? Honestly, Jeremy! I should think you would know this!" Squip said as he tapped his head.

"It won't be so bad! Listen, there's this sale across the mall, you wanna treat yo self?" Squip asked. Jeremy sighed.

"That's... not a bad idea, I guess." He admitted. Squip smiled.

"Perfect! Alright, let's go. Also, unless you want to look like a crazy person, don't talk out loud went talking to me. Just think. I'm in your head, I'll be able to hear you!" He grabbed Jeremy's hand and dragged him out of the food court. When they got to the store, Squip kept pointing at random shirts that he said, Jeremy should buy.
"Alright! You pick a shirt!" Squip insisted. Jeremy grabbed the first shirt he saw. Squip shrugged.

"That's a traditional girl shirt, but if you want it, go ahead. Whatever makes you happy, man." 

Jeremy almost died of embarrassment.

That's not what I- look, I just grabbed the first shirt I saw! Jeremy thought. Squip put his hands up like he was surrendering.

"Hey, whatever fruits your loops." 

"Jerry?" A girl asked. Jeremy turned around to see two of the most popular girls in school. Chloe and Brooke.  

"Jeremy, actually." He corrected.

"You shop here?" Chloe asked. 

"Oh, yeaaah! All the time!" Jeremy's voice went an octave higher. 

"Really? You shop here?" Brooke asked.

"Is that a girl's shirt?" 

Help me! Jeremy thought. Squip nodded.

"Alright, Jeremy, listen to me. Put down the shirt..." Squip slowly said. Jeremy did so.
"Alright. Good. Now run, this is getting awkward." Jeremy didn't need to be told twice.

They ran out of the mall and collapsed on the ground. Squip started laughing.

"That. Was. AWESOME!" He giggled. Jeremy sat up.

"How was that awesome!? I totally embarrassed myself and they're gonna make fun of me for it!" Jeremy whined. Squip rolled his eyes.

"You take everything too seriously. You need to be more chill." He said as he stuck his tongue out. 

"Jeremy!" A voice called. Jeremy turned his head to see Michael running towards him.

"Thank god! Someone I know!" Jeremy said. Squip frowned. 

"You know me." He insisted. 

"That's not the same. We just met. Michael and I have been best friend for-"

"Twelve years. Yeah, I know. I'm in your head, you walnut." Squip reminded him. Michael sat next to Jeremy. 

"Who are you talking to?" He asked. 

"My squip." He casually said. Micheal smiled.

"It worked! That's amazing! We've gotta test it out! We've gotta- we've gotta... get stoned in my basement!" Michael exclaimed.  Squip quickly sat up.

"Jeremy, you should hug him!" He whispered. Jeremy looked Squip in the eyes (mainly to let Michael know he wasn't talking to him).

"What? Why?" He asked. Michael tried to see what Jeremy was looking at.

"Because it'll be cute!" Squip insisted. Jeremy didn't say anything for a bit.

"You're so weird." Squip smiled.

"I know! Thank you!"

"Jerm? Are we going to get stoned in my basement or what?" Michael asked. Jeremy turned his attention back to Michael. 

"Yeah! Let's go!" Michael smiled and stood up.

"Yesss!" He offered Jeremy his hand and helped him up. 

"Don't let go of his hand!" Squip said. Jeremy didn't listen and he and Michael walked to his car talking about various things. Jeremy didn't acknowledge Squip once. 

Why did he take the pill if he didn't want to listen to what Squip was going to say? So, Jeremy didn't think Squip was the sharpest tool in the chandelier, but he was wrong. Squip knew the best possible outcomes for any situation. If Jeremy didn't want to listen, that was his choice, Squip wasn't going to force him. But he was going to continue giving suggestions and advice. Because that's what none of the other Squips do. He didn't want to be harsh. He didn't want to force people to do what he wanted. He wasn't like that. 

Jeremy had no idea how lucky he was to have gotten the Squip he did.