4

It's been a week since Jeremy and Michael started dating. They weren't officially boyfriends, and Jeremy's Squip wouldn't stop bothering him about it.

"Jesus Christ, Jeremy! You've been on, like, 8 dates already!"

"Just ask him, you walnut."

"Listen, I just don't have to confidence!" Jeremy shouted back one day. Squip thought for a moment. 

"Why not?" He asked. Jeremy opened his mouth, but no words came out.
"You're afraid he'll reject you, aren't you?" Squip realised. 

"...Yeah..." Jeremy admitted. 

"What makes you think he'll reject you? He really likes you, Jeremy. Can't you tell?" He asked. Jeremy nodded. 

"I know... it's just my anxiety, though," 

"My opinion may not be valid, for I am but a humble squipper-"

"A what?" Jeremy interrupted. 

"You know- a shipper! And my name is Squip, so, I am a squipper! Get it? Anyway, as strange as it sounds, I know human emotions very well. There is no way he'll say 'no', I promise." Squip assured. Jeremy nodded. 

"O-okay! I'll ask him! But, I'll do it later today!" Squip stared at him.

"I promise." 

Squip nodded. 
"Come on, you're going to be late for school."

Why do you look like Kevin Hart? Rich thought to his Squip.

"I don't have to look like him. I can also look like Jennifer Lawrence and Kermit." Squip said. 

Can you look like Kermit? Rich thought. Squip sighed.

"Fine." His Squip changed into Kermit. Rich had to fight back laughter. Thankfully, his Squip stopped him from doing so.

"Find Michael." He ordered. Rich nodded. He wandered around a little bit until he found him.

"Michael," Rich said. 

"Nope. I'm not dealing with your shit today. I'm actually really happy and I don't need you ruining that for me." Michael snapped. 

"Listen, I was just going to ask you something. You know how Jeremy has a Squip? What would you think about having one of your own?" Rich asked. 

"Well... Jeremy's Squip seems nice from what I've heard... I wouldn't mind having one. I don't have any money, though." Michael admitted. 

"That's fine. I'll give it to you for free. Here," Rich handed Michael a Squip and a mountain dew.
"Just take this. Upgrade your life." Rich said. Michael took them. Rich walked away. 

"Should I take the upgrade?" Michael asked himself.

"You ready for this, Jeremy!? I am!" Squip yelled. 

"No, but let's do it!" Jeremy mumbled. He walked around until he found who he was looking for.
"Michael!" He called out. Michael turned around, poker-faced. Jeremy didn't notice, but Squip did. He started to get nervous.

Jeremy ran up to him. 

"S-so, I wanted to ask you something? If that's okay? Um..." Jeremy stuttered. His face was tinted with a little bit of pink.

"We've been going out for a few weeks, right? I know that's not a lot of time, but we've known each other for twelve years and I was wondering... maybe if we could be official? I'm happier than I have been in a long time and I really want to be your boyfriend. So... what do you say?" Jeremy asked. 

"No," Michael said. Jeremy blinked a few times.

"What?" His voice cracked. 

"Why would I want to be with you of all people? You're pathetic. I don't even know why we're friends." Michael hissed. 

"Why are you saying these things?" Jeremy asked.

"I'm just telling you the truth," Michael said. Jeremy put his hand on Michael's shoulder.

"Mikey, are you okay?" Michael backed away quickly.

"Get away from me, loser! I don't want to see you again." Michael stomped away.  Jeremy didn't know what to do. Was he supposed to run after him? Go home? 

"No. This isn't Michael. I know it. Give me a second." Squip said. He started at Michael.
"I was afraid of this..."

Spit it out, spit it out! Jeremy desperately thought. 

"Michael has a Squip. And it looks like... It looks like you." Squip said. Jeremy didn't say anything. He couldn't. What was there to say? 

He walked home. 

When he got to his room, he sat on his bed and couldn't stop thinking about what happened. Squip sat next to him.

"You can cry, you know." He softly said. Jeremy shook his head. 

"I don't cry. It makes me feel weak and vulnerable. As much as I want to, I won't." Jeremy said.

"You know... crying is actually a very brave thing to do. And you need to cry, right now. Nobody in this room is going to make fun of you for it." Squip admitted. 

"I will." Squip sighed.

"I'm sorry for doing this. Tear ducts activate." Squip said. Jeremy felt a chill go through his body and started crying uncontrollably.

"Jeremy, I promise, we'll find a way to get him back. You have to trust me. I'm not going to let you down." Squip promised. Jeremy nodded. 

"I just don't understand. How did he get the squip? How come it's making him do this?" Jeremy managed to say between sobs.

"I don't know. I'll find out, though." Jeremy nodded.

"Can you make me stop crying, now?" He asked. Squip hugged him.

"I did when you started talking." He said. 

"I really wish I could hug you right now," Jeremy admitted. 

"Well, my hug will have to be enough for now." Jeremy rubbed his eyes.

"Yeah..."

Rich walked home alone. He started to feel bad about giving Michael a squip. He saw what happened between him and Jeremy. 

Rich's Squip sent a shock through Rich's body. 

"This is what needed to happen, Rich. Do not feel bad." He ordered. 
"The next step is the whole school. You cannot back out now."

And so, Rich walked into his house and laid on his bed, questioning his life decisions.